OK, I can`t find these calibres...

henry d

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance you could get some further details and photos of the rifles themselves?

For the Remington, .247" is a valid neck diameter for several calibres.

This is my area of interest and I'd be happy to research this further. Pop me a PM through with the details and I'll post any findings here. :good:

Edited by notsosureshot

Bit bored today so I trolled the net, no mention of the calibres stated anywhere. Rang two friends that reload and make their own rifles (precision engineers), I was told to go forth and multiply quite forcibly and to stop trying to wind them up. I spoke to them individually, not together and they both thought I was taking the michael.

:blush: Orkney Gun, wasn't he the chap who wanted over £1000 to set me up with one of his lads for a roe buck? :lol:

Nuff said :good:

ft

Edited by flytie

He wasn`t, though he says he also `keepered a yorkshire estate near his mukka Warm barrels, and while we are on the subject, WB says in his profile he is "just a Gamekeeper your average sort working on an 6000 acre estate in Yorkshire " yet says "Im a 3rd generation keeper here on this 3,400 acre family estate. ">>Here<<

Curiouser and curiouser :blush:

He wasn`t, though he says he also `keepered a yorkshire estate near his mukka Warm barrels, and while we are on the subject, WB says in his profile he is "just a Gamekeeper your average sort working on an 6000 acre estate in Yorkshire " yet says "Im a 3rd generation keeper here on this 3,400 acre family estate. ">>Here<<

Curiouser and curiouser :blush:

Its the recession H, he,s had to cut back.

or Sir Philip has.

Edited by markbivvy

Henry

The 2 guns mentioned are :.347 Zuikis and .247 Remington Both these were made to order guns and were bought by a very good friend of mine whilst in South Africa on his employers game reserve. They were made as a one off I think. I used on a day to day bacis my Larona u/o or my Franchi semi auto. As for the others he sold them to me about 3 years ago as the amunition had to be made to order and he was not very interested in doing this any more. The Zuikis is rare and not used much I am keeping it for investment. I apologise for the spelling it is not one of my greatest talents spelling. Hope this enlightens you and answers your questions.

To put the thread to rest and to make clear to you .. I am employed on a family run 3400 acre estate owned by an army Colonel in South Yorkshire (location kept private ). The family have extensive interest in woodland/timber and this is spread throughout Britain an area of land covering approx 6000 acres of this some is ocasionaly shot over by the family,and some leased,etc. I included that area of land as I thought it would be of interest to you. But I see that it has only added to your amusment for some and confused others. ALSO ..I am the only keeper here,although I have help ( in exchange for a little shooting ) from a couple lads who live local when needed. My grandfather Walter was keeper here until 1948 as was my father John until 1978 , and I followed them 1978 as I hope will my son James...The credit crunch has bit everyone I expect even my employer the colonel ( NOT Sir Philip :lol:) as mentioned above.I might add that my friend "Archie" would NOT OFFER anyone shooting DEER on HIS EMPLOYERS estate for £1000 ( as much more is paid ) for shooting up there where he is as I am sure that you all are aware. HOPE THIS enlightens you and please forgive spelling mistakes it is not my best subject being a gamekeeper is.

I might add that my friend "Archie" would NOT OFFER anyone shooting DEER on HIS EMPLOYERS estate for £1000 ( as much more is paid ) for shooting up there where he is as I am sure that you all are aware.

Odd that, here's the actual quote, and guess what? You are right, he wanted £1050.00/day.

I quote, " Costly laddie here in the Highlands (where the best are). 1/2/3 days with one of my laddies here if you could get on the book £1150.00.(day).Suggest you try a lowland shoot who charge less not medal quality,but a stalk all the same.Good luck in finding the right place." Unquote.

:lol: Thats the most expensive roe stalking in the universe :oops:

Wildcats, mmmmmmm. What brass do you fireform, or do you have the cases specially turned?

ft

Henry

The 2 guns mentioned are :.347 Zuikis and .247 Remington Both these were made to order guns and were bought by a very good friend of mine whilst in South Africa on his employers game reserve. They were made as a one off I think. I used on a day to day bacis my Larona u/o or my Franchi semi auto. As for the others he sold them to me about 3 years ago

You see, when you tell porkies you will get found out ! The .247 Rem belongs to your "mate" Orkney gun, who, surprise-surprise, has the same IP as you, so either you are the same person or a Walt.

Perhaps a picture would be the best way to go, just remember not to get it off google pictures like you did the last time eh !! A photo of the brass stamp on the bottom of the case would be good too !

:lol:

You see, when you tell porkies you will get found out ! The .247 Rem belongs to your "mate" Orkney gun, who, surprise-surprise, has the same IP as you, so either you are the same person or a Walt.

Perhaps a picture would be the best way to go, just remember not to get it off google pictures like you did the last time eh !! A photo of the brass stamp on the bottom of the case would be good too !

:good:

Hd

How dare you ask for pics! Warm Barrels/Orkney gun is a very busy man with many 1000's of acres of estate to keeper. Why would somebody with so much land and quarry ask proTOM1 for a day on the pigeons? 'newbies welcome'