OK, I can`t find these calibres...

henry d

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would somebody with so much land and quarry ask ProTom for a day on the pigeons?

why indeed. :good:

Especially when he has plenty of peas to look after HERE !

He`s the only, I was going to use the word `keeper, person I know to use 1:3 cocks to hens for rearing/laying HERE

He also says he is on an estate "in South Yorkshire (location kept private )" and that it is "Near Rotherham" and "an urban estate a couple of miles away" sooooooo, it wouldn`t be too hard to find the estate and it aint that PRIVATE is it ?

Mmmm,

Many years ago, when I used to buy and sell some quite expensive reptiles, a gentleman used to call me from Andorra. He had every snake and lizard I'd ever dreamt of but was always interested in buying some of mine.

The odd thing was that his telephone number was a Birmingham based one, his explanation was that through his UK business (very successful of course) he had a patched in link to his villa in Andorra.

Despite many hours on the phone telling me all the things of mine he was going to buy, he never did, I later came to find out that (despite the well to do accent) he was a jobless bum living in a high rise in Brummie land...

It takes all sorts!

Raja, you have hit the nail on the head, however this person has also posted some illegal things too, which have been removed and as such I feel that they could be a troll, which would be a blue ribbon day for them, but I think they are just life inexperienced and cerebrally disadvantaged.

not being funny ,but with a list of calibres like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rifle_cartridges why would anyone want to make a different one,surely one of these would do the job :lol:

I wondered that as well, but that was before I popped out in my garage and set to work with my trusty ELU cordless drill and angle grinder. I am now the proud owner of a .462 supreme. (Please don't google it because I made it up and if it does exist it is purely coincidental)

It is an awesome rifle and can shoot widebeasts at a mile on its own meaning I can stay indoors when it is raining.

Does the local zoo miss them ?

:lol:

Henry,

You might mock but you should pay a visit to a small island on the east coast. We get allsorts down here.

Only the hardy can handle staying.

Forgot to add for those with an rare ammo love, my .296& 2/3`s Hannibal Magnum is just a 7mm Shooting Times Westerner, necked up to take 190 grain 7.35mm Italian Carcano bullet and before anyone starts, I polish off 1/3 of a thou off the diameter of the bullet first. This helps stabilise the bullet when fired at 3015 fps in my 1 in 3 twist full choke barrel.

I would post a picture but my camera is broken/don`t know how to/the site says it`s to big a file/I`m a walt (delete as necessary)

:lol:

HD, you know this supposed estate in a secret location in south yorkshire, do you think it's like the blackbird ley's one in oxford? ie. A council one!!!!!!!!

Good luck with your "Troll Hunting"!

Atb, ft

ps, I just thought, do you use your .296& 2/3`s Hannibal Magnum calibre for troll hunting?

Edited by flytie

Not ATM, I prefer to use a baited hook, too much foliage at present.

Good work, as in no true words said 'elementary my dear moderator....'

Or a little more prolific.... 'Trollfinder general'

Excellent work Henry d.

Warm barrels, please explain yourself, or be cast out with the devil.We are waiting.....

This isn't the only forum Warm barrells posts on. You should see some the bulls**t on THL :lol:

A little snippet...............

'As for the Orkney Islands yes we have shot there and the boss has an estate up there(travel from Aberdeen)We kill a lot in late November and I stay on after the boss has come down home.Last November we shot 1452 AND 864 duck all with full/half bodied decoys ( we get ours from Cabelas in USA ). Some good sport up there but it is all private and expensive as you can imagine also large areas are for conservation so the islanders do not take kindly to shots. HOPE THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION. If not PM me.'

yes 1452 greylags :lol: