Automatic Safety Broken & VP90

plexer

Hi guys wondering if anyone else has had this happen before.

My 6 month old Bettinsoli has developed a fault where while I am shooting the automatic safety stops working. If I move the barell selector over it starts working normally again so must be some mechanical issue there.

Has anyone had this and idea of a cost to repair I'll be taking it to the gun shop on monday to see. I could get this done under the warranty but that means sending the stock and action to Chris Potters as they're in Kent area and I'm in Norfolk.

Also another thing I've been doing after cleaning my gun using the Napier cleaner with VP90 in it (other gun cleaning chemicals are available) is to put the cloth I've used in the cabinet thinking that any residual VP90 should help protect my guns, anyone think this is a good or bad thing to do?

Cheers,

Ben

Plexer,

Pretty perplexed by this one, however these sort of problems are relatively common in "cheap" guns - i've lost count of the number of times i've heard people moaning about their ejectors /safety catch / mainsprings / selectors malfunctioning on relatively new guns.

If you bought it from Chris Potter, i'm sure that he will carry out a prompt repair, however i'd then get rid of it ASAP, save up a bit to get a more reliable piece, i.e. Beretta or Miroku, otherwise one day when you're on for a red letter day, another vital bit will pack up and let you down.

Also, I don't think that leaving a bit of oil soaked rag in the cabinet will have any effect on how well your guns store.

Hi guys wondering if anyone else has had this happen before.

My 6 month old Bettinsoli has developed a fault where while I am shooting the automatic safety stops working. If I move the barell selector over it starts working normally again so must be some mechanical issue there.

Has anyone had this and idea of a cost to repair I'll be taking it to the gun shop on monday to see. I could get this done under the warranty but that means sending the stock and action to Chris Potters as they're in Kent area and I'm in Norfolk.

Also another thing I've been doing after cleaning my gun using the Napier cleaner with VP90 in it (other gun cleaning chemicals are available) is to put the cloth I've used in the cabinet thinking that any residual VP90 should help protect my guns, anyone think this is a good or bad thing to do?

Cheers,

Ben

Automatic safety is a menace IMHO but at six months old the gun should be under waranty. The worst of buying guns from a non local dealer to save a few quid is lack of after care. I would try your local dealer to see if he will do the warenty work, If my recolection is correct it is only the shop that sold you the gun and the manufacturer that are legaly obliged to honour your warenty but most reputable distributers tie their retailers in to honour warenty from other retailers.The mechanism for auto safety tends to be very simple, should be easy to repair and even easier to disable.

Dave

Edited by Devilishdave

Thanks for the advice guys other than this I think this gun is great being a lefty have recently had it fitted so getting on fine with it as my first gun. I didn't buy it non local to save money was recommended Chris Potters by my game keeper brother in law.

I did ring local shops but couldn't get the same guy at the time.

I'll see what my local gun smith says on monday wether it would be more prduent to have the automatic safety disabled.

Cheers,

Ben