Benelli M2 PSG Setup

alexm

This has just arrived... and thanks to a rather protracted 6 week variation (police understaffed) only one week before our club's main PSG comp!

Just finished fitting a +6 Mag extension and enlarged bolt handle. I have an enlarged bolt release button still to fit (needs drilling and tapping) and probably a modified carrier as the factory one seems to like shredding the back of my thumb under speed loading conditions but I doubt I'll get that in time!

It should in theory be 9+1 shots, however I have done a test load and I can fit 10+1 standard cartridges in!

One week remaining to 'run it in' and get used to it!

Benelli M2 Field, 24" barrel, comfortec stock, Nordic Components +6 mag ext.

BenelliM2.jpg

Edited by alexm

Great piece of kit, congrats!

Are you going to use slug? If so, will you be fitting iron sights / red dot?

I've some iron sights which clamp to the vent rib. Pretty good but I had to loctite them to prevent them vibrating loose.

All the best with the comp.

DVC

Andy

Mark,

Have you done any work to the carrier and/or the latch that holds the cartridges in the tube? I have shortened the magazine spring as much as I dare but I still find there is quite a bit of resistance pushing the cartridge past the little latch into the tube and it slows the reloads down somewhat!

I am going to have to get one of those C-RUMS carriers too or my thumb is going to be shredded!

cheers,

Alex

Alex,

It is the next area of the gun that i'm going to have a look at, as yet i've not touched it. I know what you mean about it nipping your thumb, it can sometimes catch you and be quite excruciating! :sly: The way i've been getting around it is to wear gloves while shooting (very tight fitting shooting gloves so as not to get snagged but strong enough not to get shredded - although it is taking its toll on them now). This has worked for the colder months but as it looks like we're actually going to get a summer this year i don't much fancy wearing gloves in the heat!

Do you know of a UK supplier for the C-RUMS carrier? I've got a friend who lives in the states and brings things back for me that the US companies won't post overseas but he's over here at the moment and won't be back for quite a while. I've just got him to bring me an extended cap to the magazine which is going to give me another cartridge in the mag :D

Are you a member of UKPSA?

Mark

Do you know of a UK supplier for the C-RUMS carrier? I've got a friend who lives in the states and brings things back for me that the US companies won't post overseas but he's over here at the moment and won't be back for quite a while. I've just got him to bring me an extended cap to the magazine which is going to give me another cartridge in the mag :D

Unfortunately I don't know of any UK suppliers, I have emailed the guy in the US. I have read elsewhere that he does ship to the UK, although I haven't yet got a definite response from him.

Are you a member of UKPSA?

Mark

Not currently, although I am a member of a UKPSA affiliated club. I have done the much debated UKPSA safety course last year though!

Unfortunately I don't know of any UK suppliers, I have emailed the guy in the US. I have read elsewhere that he does ship to the UK, although I haven't yet got a definite response from him.

Not currently, although I am a member of a UKPSA affiliated club. I have done the much debated UKPSA safety course last year though!

Is that the guy that either you send your carrier to and he welds it or if you pay a bit more and he just sends you a modified one? I may have to get on his case aswell if he's willing to post to the UK . . . . :sly:

I was going to say that if you are a member to get yourself on the UKPSA website, loads of tips and tricks on there. :D

Mark

Is that the guy that either you send your carrier to and he welds it or if you pay a bit more and he just sends you a modified one? I may have to get on his case aswell if he's willing to post to the UK . . . . :D

Yes, that's the one!

It would be interesting to find out if anyone in the UK can do the mod though, to the same factory finish. Is there anything on the UKPSA site about this?

Theres just the info about the guy in the states unfortunately. You would have thought with the demand for it, and people being willing to send their carriers overseas, someone over here would have started doing it aswell! If only i was any good with a welding torch! :D

Mark

Well I took her for a test drive this evening on the clays to bed everything in. It cycled flawlessly and all the mods worked! I'm lucky in that I seem to be the same dimensions as Beretta's 'generic human' and that seems to have carried across to Benelli too... it fits me really well straight out the box. I got a few raised eyebrows from some of the guys with my stubby black plastic gun, but as I managed a 43/50 on the sporting layout beating the majority of them they didn't say a word! :yes:

I usually use an O/U for clays but occasionally use my Xtrema for fun and I would go so far as to say that I shot better with the Benelli than I do with my Xtrema, which I really didn't expect as I tend to prefer longer, heavier guns. :D

Anyway, really looking forward to the PSG comp now! :D

Hi all....

Im the proud owner of an M2....and have a sore thumb to prove it..

I have just contacted Jeff at C-rum and he is sending me the modified receiver from the states...£59 or $75 ....

Hopefully all will be good.....will post some pickies if you want when i get it....

Nik.. :D

Hi all....

Im the proud owner of an M2....and have a sore thumb to prove it..

I have just contacted Jeff at C-rum and he is sending me the modified receiver from the states...£59 or $75 ....

Hopefully all will be good.....will post some pickies if you want when i get it....

Nik.. :yes:

Hi Nik,

Did you email or phone Jeff, and when? I emailed him on Weds but have yet to get a response :D

cheers,

Alex

Might be a dum question but when do you need ten cartridges in a gun? I guess if you had a big heard of buffalo coming at you but can't think of an instance where I would need that kind of armory. Please enlighten me! :D

Not a dumb question if you don't know what practical shotgun is. Practical shotgun competitions are kind of like the reverse of clay pigeon shooting. Instead of standing and shooting moving targets the targets stay still and you move. To win you have to hit all the targets in the shortest time, hence you need multiple shots or you will spend more time reloading than shooting.

Have a look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiu41BCLQCA

Thanks Nik, I'll try again then! :good:

Ordered! :good:

You'd think Benelli would adopt his mod really, wouldn't you! It seems obvious that making the carrier as they have done is going to result in trapped thumbs!

Apart from that one slight design flaw it is hard to fault the gun though!