Benelli M2 PSG Setup

alexm

Alex

You have made a good choice with the M2, its the most reliable auto used in IPSC/UKPSA PSG.

One thing to check when you guys fit the new carriers from Jeff as I have fitted a couple for myself & mates, they may be slightly too long & require a slight grind on the end with a dremmel so they clear the area between the mag tube & chamber, just remove enough so it clears & keep a smooth radius to the curve.

BenelliCarrierModbyc-rumonbenos.jpg

C-rumscarrier.jpg

Also make sure when its fitted that the tip points slightly downwards, this will ensure rounds feed smoothly from the magazine & do not hit the end of the carrier instead.

Liftertipbend.jpg

By the way the video was not one of my better stages, I loaded to many & waisted some time. :good:

Good luck with the new gun.

N

Edited by neil smith

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice bit of kit :D Can you easily swap the mag cap back so it looks like a SGC Benelli to be used for fowling n such or is it stuck like that ?

Still a beatiful gun :o Hopefully one day I will own a similar set up :lol: But I dont think there are any PSG clubs around here :P

Might have to start my own haha :P

Might have to start my own haha :lol:

Bigthug

Any land where you can clay shoot is usually suitable for PSG, you dont need a dedicated range, our club Borderguns near Bishops Castle is on a working sheep farm, see here... http://bordergunspsg.co.uk/

Anyone who wishes to form a club should drop me a line & I will be glad to help get you started.

N

Can you easily swap the mag cap back so it looks like a SGC Benelli to be used for fowling n such or is it stuck like that ?

Yes you can turn it back. You simply take the mag tube and long spring off and put the factory shorter spring and end cap back on. The standard FAC M2 Field is 3+1 shot so you also need to fit the plastic plug that Benelli provides with the gun into the magazine tube to limit the capacity to 2+1 so you are within the letter of the law for wildfowling.

Bigthug

Any land where you can clay shoot is usually suitable for PSG, you dont need a dedicated range, our club Borderguns near Bishops Castle is on a working sheep farm, see here... http://bordergunspsg.co.uk/

Anyone who wishes to form a club should drop me a line & I will be glad to help get you started.

N

Thank you for the offer Neil :o although I think it might be a bit for me tbh :( Never done anything like that, n im only a youngun :P Although thank you for the offer :D

Yes you can turn it back. You simply take the mag tube and long spring off and put the factory shorter spring and end cap back on. The standard FAC M2 Field is 3+1 shot so you also need to fit the plastic plug that Benelli provides with the gun into the magazine tube to limit the capacity to 2+1 so you are within the letter of the law for wildfowling.

Would you really need to put the plug in or aslong as you dont load more than 3 will you be ok ? :lol: Seems a bit silly if you ask me. I trust you Alexm. :P

Would you really need to put the plug in or aslong as you dont load more than 3 will you be ok ? :lol: Seems a bit silly if you ask me. I trust you Alexm. :P

That's very kind of you :P

I've never heard of anyone checking but I suppose if they did you could be done under the Wildlife and Countryside Act in theory.