Steel targets

stevethevanman

How safe are these target with fullbore rifles do your rounds bonch off all over the place or once they have hit their traget do they expand out and drop to the floor.

It it also normal mild steel or even specil type steel, because have thougth about making some for my self. And dose anyone know how much they cost if you buy from MWS the people in who make them.

Dave

hi dave,

yeh i bought some just over a yr now,2 rabbits and 2 crows.ive used them with my 223 shooting v-max,and not had any probs,bullets splatter on impact,as there bullet proof steel,about half inch thick. cost me about 100 quid for all 4 from andrew venables

the only down side to these are they are quite heavy.ive just been looking at this site and ordered some polymer tgts,not animal shapes,but light enough to carry,and hang from a wooden frame, and bullets go right through and into your safe backstop.

Also they are from the states,not UK.but still worth a look at.

http://newboldtargets.com

Micky

Hi dave

Not sure you got my last mess the steel tgts i got from andrew venables,are about half inch thick bullet proof steel.ive used them just over a yr now,and had no probs with richochets as lond as you have a good safe backstop.i use V-max which just splatter on impact.

Ive just been looking at the polymer tgts in the states which look good,and can be carried a lot easier than the steel ones which do weigh quite a bit.infact ive ordered 4 of the polymer tgts,so will be giving them a try when im next home.

heres the link

http://www.newboldtargets.com

micky

Got your last post. Bullet proof steel. Abro 400/500 so the mans say spoke to him on for friday. Will have to try and find a price when get back to work.

If its aviable to the public will try some bullets on some hardox 400 and see how they go. Keep you posted.

The idea of the trget is very safe because most of us here use expanding ammo.

Dave