Skeet/Shooting Vest

notsosureshot

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 'ard, I'm Bruce ******* Lee, I shoot stuff. I've got a pump action FAC turbo bitchmutha. I get camo'd up to shoot a mixied rabbit. I win plaaaaarstic trophies and never do anything competitive, 'cos I'm 'ard ******* Bruce Lee.

Clays are for jessies, skeet vests are for jessies, O/U shotguns are for jessies, 'cos I shoot stuff, Bruce Lee ******* 'ard.

I beat all the top shots on the clay course with my 1950 Baikal Kruschev Boris Yeltsin Knacker-Cracker held together with baler twine pumpski action, 'cos I'm 'ard Bruce Lee

I don't need pockets, 'cos I've got hands like shovels and I can hold 100 cartridges in each hand while I'm shooting from the hip. I wear a camo beanie hat, not baseball caps. Baseball caps are for jessies and I'm Bruce Lee ******* 'ard.

Oakleys - **** off. I'm 'ard, I wear WW1 flying goggles (Bruce Lee)

New World Order, Stand by your beds. Bruce Lee's coming to taaaaaaarn.

There :hmm:

That's covered it. That should save about 150 more repetitive Bruce Lee, I'm 'ard posts :rolleyes:

Actually, it's not it. I was forgetting.

I'm ex-SAS, Royal Marines sniper, Para Home Guard, Royal Flying Corps. I've done 48 tours of duty in Afghanistan and I get camo'd up to shoot mixied rabbits and woodpigeons on my neighbours lawn, 'cos I'm 'ard Bruce Lee.

I can shoot a fox at 6 miles with a Gat and then win the competition to post the most gory photo on PW. Oh, another dead fox - but this one was shot at 6 miles with a GAT (and I was camo'd up, 'cos I'm 'ard.)

I don't take Lucozade to a clay shoot, 'cos that's for jessies - I buy Beef Jerky and Saaaaaaaaaarsparilla from CostCo, 'cos I'm 'ard.

FITASC shells? They're for jessies. I load my own, using floor sweepings and nails.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Chard

10-4 over and out. Gooks in the wire. What's your sit rep good buddy?

I'm changing my forum name to Bruce I'm ******* 'ard Lee

Things are looking pretty grim down here, rabbits everywhere. We need air support, napalm, anything you've got!! We're being overun.

Koz and the 'pumpers' are on their way. Too little, too late i fear!!

I'm off to sew some badges on my 'waistcoat'.

It's all over, the rabbits are taking over and forming a New World Order, and their leader will be known as Thumper!!

Edited by poontang

Things are looking pretty grim down here, rabbits everywhere. We need air support, napalm, anything you've got!! We're being overun.

Koz and the 'pumpers' are on their way. Too little, too late i fear!!

I'm off to sew some badges on my 'waistcoat'.

It's all over, the rabbits are taking over and forming a New World Order, and their leader will be known as Thumper!!

Hang on in there soldier, you're starting to sound like a clay shooter.

Damn, I love the smell of BBQ'd squirrel in the morning.

I'm coming down with the boys and I'll bring a "100 Straight Skeet" badge - I bet you haven't got one of those for your 'waistcoat'. :rolleyes:

I took it off a shandy drinking claybasher at Saaaarfdaaaaaaarn in '98 :hmm:

They were the days, when men were men and we named all our kids Weihrauch and Headshot, none of this Justin and Tarquin rubbish :hmm:

I don't shoot clays very often, but if i was going to regularly i would wear a skeet vest, as in the past i have been seen fumbling about in my pockets for carts and getting into a flap then missing the birds, so can't see the logic in making things harder for yourself, if a skeet vest helps then use one!!

I'm coming down with the boys and I'll bring a "100 Straight Skeet" badge - I bet you haven't got one of those for your 'waistcoat'. :rolleyes:

That could just do the trick. I've got a 50 straight but i don't think it's enought to hold 'em off!!

I've heard the pumpers have stopped off en route to stock up on camo and ghillie suits. Mind you, they could be here already and i just can't see them :hmm:

UPDATE

I can see them now..................................must be the red Rambo headbands that give them away :hmm:

(Not sure they've quite got the hang of this camo lark.)

They're racking those pumps as we speak.

Wow, those boys sure know how to tug their forends!! :hmm:

I don't shoot clays very often, but if i was going to regularly i would wear a skeet vest, as in the past i have been seen fumbling about in my pockets for carts and getting into a flap then missing the birds, so can't see the logic in making things harder for yourself, if a skeet vest helps then use one!!

Ahh grasshopper i can see where you are going wrong, try loading the cartridges into your gun then call for the clays, hope that helps you abit. :rolleyes::hmm:

That could just do the trick. I've got a 50 straight but i don't think it's enought to hold 'em off!!

I've heard the pumpers have stopped off en route to stock up on camo and ghillie suits. Mind you, they could be here already and i just can't see them :yes:

UPDATE

I can see them now..................................must be the red Rambo headbands that give them away ???

(Not sure they've quite got the hang of this camo lark.)

They're racking those pumps as we speak.

Wow, those boys sure know how to tug their forends!! :hmm:

Glad you're OK Poontang, I got sidetracked on the way to you by a platoon of feral house mice :hmm:

It was tough going but I wasted 'em with the Mossbergler :hmm:

They don't call me Bruce I'm ******* 'ard Lee for nothing. I'll post some GRAPHIC photos later, if I can find enough body parts to make up a photo :rolleyes:

I'm back home now, knitting a ghillie suit. Knit 1 Purl 2 Drop 1 :yes:

Glad you're OK Poontang, I got sidetracked on the way to you by a platoon of feral house mice :o

It was tough going but I wasted 'em with the Mossbergler B)

They don't call me Bruce I'm ******* 'ard Lee for nothing. I'll post some GRAPHIC photos later, if I can find enough body parts to make up a photo :good:

I'm back home now, knitting a ghillie suit. Knit 1 Purl 2 Drop 1 :sick:

Well done Chard, those ferals can be ENORMOUSE....................i knew we could rely on you and the other Manchester Mossberglers to thwart their march to join Thumper and his boys.

The 100 straight badge seems to have done the trick. One look at it and they retreated into a warren of underground tunnels about 3 clicks from here. The camo pumpers were invisible against the treeline and kept bumping into each other, Koz tried a one man pincer movement, but fell over, so we resorted to plan 'B'...................... 3rd battery 2nd regiment 1st division Royal Waistcoat Brigade (The 'Skeeters') :o

Boy can they shoot!! And not a pumper amongst them :)

UTTER CARNAGE

We should be done here soon, just got the mopping up left to do, and award badges to the 'Waistcoats'. God knows they deserve it :good:

It's been a tough day but i think our work here is done :D

Good luck with the knitting :no:

Well done Chard, those ferals can be ENORMOUSE....................i knew we could rely on you and the other Manchester Mossberglers to thwart their march to join Thumper and his boys.

The 100 straight badge seems to have done the trick. One look at it and they retreated into a warren of underground tunnels about 3 clicks from here. The camo pumpers were invisible against the treeline and kept bumping into each other, Koz tried a one man pincer movement, but fell over, so we resorted to plan 'B'...................... 3rd battery 2nd regiment 1st division Royal Waistcoat Brigade (The 'Skeeters') :sick:

Boy can they shoot!! And not a pumper amongst them B)

UTTER CARNAGE

We should be done here soon, just got the mopping up left to do, and award badges to the 'Waistcoats'. God knows they deserve it :o

It's been a tough day but i think our work here is done :no:

Good luck with the knitting :good:

Excrement :)

I've finished the ghillie suit, what do you think?

wookie_costume1.jpg

Good work chap. You should be back in time for tea, medals and embroidered badges

Oh, here's my GRAPHIC head shot pic of one of those feral house mice

istockphoto_1073004-red-splatter-white-background-large-file.jpg

I know it's an open forum but I've done nothing illegal :good:

but which one?...... Beretta or Browning???........ Top Gun or Napier???........ deerhunter or Musto???......

Summer or winter??....... Fleece or mesh???.....

so many choices....... so little time........ B)

Get a thin one 'summer' one then you layer up whenit gets cold darling (in true Trinny and Susannah What Not to Wear fashion)

But if you want to look a real pro here are some tips.

1) If it rains wear a thin waterproof jacket, must have a hood and must be worn under your vest

2) Have 4 safety pins permanently stuck in the back of your vest, that says "I was shooting the world championships last weekend but haven't had time to remove them don't you know"

3) Have a towel nicked from your local pub hanging from a hoop in you vest "to wipe my hands when the going gets tough"

4) Not sure people do this any more, but ALL good shots used to smoke cigars and drive Ford Cosworth Saphires/Sierra's - even the women

5) Almost forgot, wear a Rolex, real or fake doesn't really matter.

There you go, you are all set now, just get to work on thaaaat 'Estury' accent they all seem to have - bingo, your a champ :good:

I've finished the ghillie suit, what do you think?

wookie_costume1.jpg

Oh, here's my GRAPHIC head shot pic of one of those feral house mice

istockphoto_1073004-red-splatter-white-background-large-file.jpg

WHOOOOAA!!!

That's gotta be the best suit ever, loving the 'man bag' and the spare fag packets strapped across the chest :good:

Awesome shot on that mouse too. Looks like you used one of those Hull FITAAAASC BitchMuthas on it? :good:

That's gotta hurt B) :o :)

Get a thin one 'summer' one then you layer up whenit gets cold darling (in true Trinny and Susannah What Not to Wear fashion)

But if you want to look a real pro here are some tips.

1) If it rains wear a thin waterproof jacket, must have a hood and must be worn under your vest

2) Have 4 safety pins permanently stuck in the back of your vest, that says "I was shooting the world championships last weekend but haven't had time to remove them don't you know"

3) Have a towel nicked from your local pub hanging from a hoop in you vest "to wipe my hands when the going gets tough"

4) Not sure people do this any more, but ALL good shots used to smoke cigars and drive Ford Cosworth Saphires/Sierra's - even the women

5) Almost forgot, wear a Rolex, real or fake doesn't really matter.

There you go, you are all set now, just get to work on thaaaat 'Estury' accent they all seem to have - bingo, your a champ :lol:

Poxy computers. I think things started going pear shaped when calculators got MRC, M- & M+ on them. Anyway, I was posting to say I saw a guy fitting this description at the weekend. Maybe it's the same guy. Shot like a pro, had the cigar (which smelled pretty damn good I have to say) and his Mrs had the most bling wedding band I think I've ever seen in me life. Don't recall seeing a cosworth but that's not to say he doesn't have one at home.

So there I was, reaching for my hamlet and he starts chatting to me. He was giving me pointers. Not sure whether it was my shooting or the homemade skeet vest I was wearing that gave the game away. Maybe I'll stick 4 safety pins in it the next time I go.

I wouldn't want to shoot in anything other than a skeet vest.

When I first started at my club it was run by a tweed crew, who took the **** if you bought ANY kit as a beginner. Even taking the **** if you have your own ear defenders. As far as they were concerned as long as you had a warm countryside looking coat (barbour/beretta), a couple of ear plugs and some wellies you looked the part for sporting.

I couldn't afford to go buying myself a lovely wax jacket at the time and primarily wanted some big pockets, so I bought a browning cartridge belt, which sure enough I got the **** taken out of me for. This wasn't really the best thing for the job and perhaps my stocky shape has something to do with it, but I used to find shooting gun down a real pain in loose fitting clothing where the stock would get caught half way up.

Thankfully when that crowd moved on and I was left in charge I quickly bought a Top Gun skeet vest, proper electronic ear defenders and some protective glasses and found myself more comfortable and more accurate. Now the large majority of people who shoot regularly with us have skeet vests and I don't discourage anyone from buying or experimenting with kit. I always find if anyone has issues with clothing, gun make or style they should settle it on the scoreboard.

I wouldn't want to shoot in anything other than a skeet vest.

When I first started at my club it was run by a tweed crew, who took the **** if you bought ANY kit as a beginner. Even taking the **** if you have your own ear defenders. As far as they were concerned as long as you had a warm countryside looking coat (barbour/beretta), a couple of ear plugs and some wellies you looked the part for sporting.

I couldn't afford to go buying myself a lovely wax jacket at the time and primarily wanted some big pockets, so I bought a browning cartridge belt, which sure enough I got the **** taken out of me for. This wasn't really the best thing for the job and perhaps my stocky shape has something to do with it, but I used to find shooting gun down a real pain in loose fitting clothing where the stock would get caught half way up.

Thankfully when that crowd moved on and I was left in charge I quickly bought a Top Gun skeet vest, proper electronic ear defenders and some protective glasses and found myself more comfortable and more accurate. Now the large majority of people who shoot regularly with us have skeet vests and I don't discourage anyone from buying or experimenting with kit. I always find if anyone has issues with clothing, gun make or style they should settle it on the scoreboard.

Well said chap. :lol:

I have a quite direct approach. If someone takes the pi$$, I tell them to **** off.

I find it quite effective :oops: