new beretta xtrema II

deadeye

several weeks ago a purchase the new beretta xtrema II 3.5" semi auto shotgun 26" black synthetic.

i have put approx 550 rounds through it shooting clays on 3 different occasions. about 1/3 of the rounds were 3 1/4 draim 3 1/4 oz heavy field loads and approx.

2/3 of the rounds were a mixture ranging from 2 3/4 draim 1 1/8 oz to 3 draim 1 1/8 oz. the mechanical function was flawless. i also patterned some 3" and 3.5" magnum wild turkey loads and some 3 " kent fast steel duck loads. this new xtrema is excellent (at least so far). it shoots nicely to point of aim. it patterns good. the recoil is very low. it feels nimble in the hands and is for a magnum reasonably light and handy. if any of you fellows are using beretta o/u's you could pick this gun up and shoot it as good or better than your beretta o/u's.. i hunt ducks and wild turkey. i also occasional harvest a whitetail deer for the freezer, and i intend to use this gun primarily for these things. beretta claims that they have treated both the external and internal metal parts with what they call an "aqua" finish that is suppose to greatly forestall rusting and corrosion. it would make one hell of a good dove/pigeon gun also. i don't shoot much 3.5", but i at least in theory like the idea of having that versatility. several of my hunting friends shoot 3.5" and we might have to share ammo etc..

of course, i won't know how good it is until i have used it in the field for hopefully a good many seasons. i will have to say that i am very pleased with it and at least right now could heartily recommend it. :lol:

p.s. it comes with the following:

1-4 chokes

2-a hard case

3-a spacer to make it shorter (the buttstock L.O.P.)

4-a quick detachealbe sling swivel for the butt stock

5-stock shims for custom fitting the gun

Edited by deadeye

hey deadeye,question for you , Beretta Al302 Engraved 20 Gauge Semi-Auto in excellent condition. 3" chamber.

what would you think is a good fair price ,im looking to pick this up for er indoors to shoot ,asking $1000.00 canadian ,any idea buddy im not up to speed on this one ,but i think she'd like the 20 gauge for clays recoil weight and all ,the pics of the gun are good and the source is sound ,just not to sure on the cost ,any help you give is received thankfuly :lol:

Martin

post-18-1112661504.jpg

attn: last engineer,

i personally do not know what that 302 is worth as a preowned gun with some years behind it. i know some people at my gun club whose knowledge of these guns well exceeds my own. i will print a picture and seek their opinions.

Edited by deadeye

Well $1000C is about £435 and I would think that is about what we would have to pay over here for a used A302 that was in good condition from a dealer. Probably pick the same gun up for less from a private sale assuming you can find one in 20 gauge that is.

It looks like it will be a while before the xtrema II is available over here. I believe GMK has a load of mkI's they want to get rid of first, might be some bargains to be had. I can't fault my mkI, it's been in all sort of mud and **** and hasn't jammed once.

Mark.

Bill,

I used my Xtrema for about 30 flights on tidal foreshore for wildfowl this last season. It was in a lot of salty and sandy conditions and hasn't got any marks on the metalwork. I stripped it down fully for first time a few weeks back, after the season, it was full of sand and bits of reeds yet didn't jam on me once. I had it out at an estuary that has really salty conditions on a few occations where we were out all day. My mates Baikal m153 was red with rust but my Xtrema handled it fine. I used 3.5 inch cases for the geese and even when they were wet and covered in sand it still cycled them ok. You'll often find sandy cartridges have a problem when loading a new shell into the chamber from the magazine, which gets even worse with 3.5", but I didn't get any bother.

Mark.

used 302's in good cond are going for about 350 these days

my dad just sold his in east grinstead got 300 for it, they put it up for 350,and it was a as new exapmle, no marks at all......nice little gun, someone is going to get themselves a sweet little piece