A DAY ON THE CROWS

CROWBLIND

Been out today with my friend John on some newly sown crop, a mixture of peas and wheat and other stuff for cattle food. On first arrival field was covered in crow, which soon scattered. Got set up for about 8.15 and they soon returned steadily for most of the day, became quiet around 4.00pm.Shot 51Crows and 4 woodies, all in alll a good days shootin :good:

post-11713-1240775687.jpg

how do you decoy crows same as pigeons? I tryed today with 2 crow deeks and a pigeon layout with magnet etc no crows would come in range!

Decoy same as pigeons basically, we put out crow deeks away from the pigeon deeks, make sure you spend time on your hide as you will need to be well hidden for crow decoying.

Stay completely still behind the hide until in range and then pop em :lol:

For the uninitiated on here (not me as I know it all:)) can you clarify whether those crows are rooks or not? I can't believe you'd want to eat crows but rooks would be a different proposition all together, wouldn't they?

And for those who don't know...you need to decoy crows differently from rooks/jackdaws if you want a bag of that size!

Edited by Highlander

For the uninitiated on here (not me as I know it all:)) can you clarify whether those crows are rooks or not? I can't believe you'd want to eat crows but rooks would be a different proposition all together, wouldn't they?

And for those who don't know...you need to decoy crows differently from rooks/jackdaws if you want a bag of that size!

I don't know! how would you decoy them differently please?

well done guys excellent shooting btw.!

turk101

Eat em all, they taste great!!!!!proper dirty!!!

Was a mixed bag of crows, rooks and jackdaws, but would say the majority were rooks, never eaten a jackdaw yet though, suppose they may taste the same really :lol: