Insurance for our dogs

pavman

What’s the view out there with regards to insurance, for working dogs it seems to be around twice as much as for a pet dog (twice the risk I guess) so far it looks like around £21 a month for this little girl…..

pavman

post-13-1112778476.jpg

I have mine insured. a M8 of mie sticks £10 per dog in a savings account each month and if things go wrong he uses that money to put things right. The £10 a month saving is ok so long as you dont get somthing massive requiering surgery x rays scans and the whole 9 yards. Ok for the odd nasty cut that requires stitches and the likes.

Dave

Have got mine Insured thru Direct Line, but tesco's was a few penny's cheaper.

Aprox £10 per Month.

Didn't find anything on there that mentioned working dogs, but as a member of BASC you get further 3rd party dog insurance as well as your own.

He was insured when I got him and from what he started to chew and eat as a pup

I just left it that way.

Will post some pics of my kennel, something simillar but smaller run due to lack of garden space.

Trev.

If you.ve got several dogs it's just not worth it...

The only company IMO thats worth considering is the NFU - they will structure the payments for what you want and they understand what working dogs are all about so they don't make stupid decisions about what risks the dogs is likely to suffer!!

Would have thought gun dogs should be a lower risk because they are/should be by their very nature a more trained dog than your average house dog.

Also they are worked in fields etc... away from busy main roads which is proabbly where most claims for non working dogs come from?

I don't have Cooper insured he cost a fair bit of money in the beginning with a skin condition but that hasn't repeated itself.

Ben.