Beretta 686 e

supergame

I've got one, I get on really well with it. :(

It's the no. 1 choise when shooting clays and I sometimes take it into the field.

It's probably best to try one if you can, what suits one person may not suit another. Mine is 28" I don't seem to get on with a 30"

To sum up:- good gun but try before you buy, it's alot of money to have sat in a cupboard gathering dust. :thumbs:  :thumbs:

P.S anyone wanna buy a 682 E GOLD 30" ?? :X  :X  :X  :what:

I have a 28" multichoke sporting 686 E. I bought it last year. It's a very good gun that can be used for a variety of disciplines. I have used it for walked up pheasant, driven game, pigeons and clays. The action is very fast, in that the gun is great for snap shooting but maybe not as good for long crossing birds (with my style of shooting anyway). This maybe due to the length of the barrels as I can hit them no bother with my 30” S687 (not the silver pigeon but previous model). The furniture has a polyurethane coating and is very easy to maintain. The gun has been generally reliable. The only problem I have had is that the recoil has failed to switch from the fired to primed barrel on two occasions whilst shooting clays. This may have been due to my poor mounting technique, as I was relatively new to the gun. The style of engraving isn’t to everyone’s taste and I think that it’s OK nothing more.

Regards

BB

I went and bought the 686 E today.  Had a few shots with it.

I think we'll get on grand.

Interesting point berettaboy made about the recoil not swiching the from the fired to the primed barrel.  This happened to me first time I fired it.  I tend to agree with berettaboy about mounting.  Also a few more shots through the gun should see things move more easily.

Thanks Berettaboy.  I didn't get a bad deal.  Unfortunately beretta have just put up their prices.  I traded in my 391 and an airgen and paid £190 on top, so it didn't hurt to much.  

Had 60 shots on clays earlier with no problems and it shoots straight which helps.  Shot some very long crossing midis 1oz loads and only missed 1 or 2.  

The first time i fired a double wammy the other day it didn't fire second barrel.  Since then its been fine.  I pressume it had a touch to much grease arround the firing pin.  Beretta seem to coat their guns before importing.

What loads are you using for pigeons.  I thought of trying Express pigeon specials.