Jammiing auto

Buzzer

Can anyone tell me why my Browning Gold Fusion some times trows out the next live cartridge or it jams after the first shot? For some strange reason it only happens when i put 3 up the spout. I only brought it a year ago (new) at the moment im using Express special pigeon 30g plas wad 65mm . would be appreciate any advice as i dont shoot so well with my o/u.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is te fusion the 3.5" magum camber or standard 3"

if its the 3.5" you need to fire atleast 25-30 heavy 3.5" magum loads through it to loosen it up before trying the lighter 30grm loads

i have the beretta 3.5" magum and i have shot about 40 38grm load through it and it still does not recycle every tmie with lighter loads

make sure its cleaned after every shoot and well oiled

Cheers

Chewy

I had A Browning Hunter Gold 3 1/2 inch from new it was the biggest heap of junk I ever had the misfortune to own it used to jam and if it didn't jam the action was that slow you had to carry a can of WD40 to make the bloody thing cycle, got rid and got the Benelli Black eagle 3 1/2 the only other 3 1/2 I would buy is the Berrette Extrema but with all  3 1/2 semi's they recommend to use a full 2 3/4 cartridge, I use from 28 grm to 50grm they all work ok

I dontblame you Buzzer.  There is nothing worse than a jamming auto.  Especially on a good days pigeon shooting.

I had endless trouble with a Remingto 1100 just before christmas.  It failed me on a rough shoot one day, I stood and watched as a dozen pheasants went by.  It also failed at clayshoots in competitions, so my scores were lower.  It will also effect your shooting.  If your thinking will it go off then you are not focusing on the target.  

Good luck with whatever you decide.

:what: As a regular auto user myself I find this topic very interesting.

My last auto was a Beretta 304 bought from new and it would regularly start jamming during a session.The dealer had no joy when I took it back so  i had a go at fixing it myself.

Stripped it completely to bits and examined everything for signs of anything sticking.The only thing I found was the plunger in the magazine tube was a little on the sticky side.

I polished the plunger with some wet & dry and polished the bore of the tube. Had no further trouble until I traded it in for a 391 urika.

I have fired hundreds of 2 1/2" 30 gram Pigeon specials through the 391 and never a jam,in fact on the the very rare times it ever has jammed was when using the 2 3/4" 32gram carts.

I know the question was about the Browning but threw in my experiences anyway as it may be of some help. 8-)  :)

:)  :)  :)  :) Hi buzzer just to let you know that all autos are not rubbish. I have just got rid of my beloved REMMI 1100 that I bought f4rom new 20 odd years ago .  And I treated my self to a BENELLI SUPER 90 ( cammo)

I tried it out today for the first time on a field of newly sown wheat. It performed beautifully and managed to bag 42. with the obvious misses. However I am realy happy the way it performed.

There are are some great aouts on the market today

so do`nt dismiss them all . Give one a go.

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :P

:)  :)  :)  :) Hi buzzer just to let you know that all autos are not rubbish. I have just got rid of my beloved REMMI 1100 that I bought f4rom new 20 odd years ago .  And I treated my self to a BENELLI SUPER 90 ( cammo)

I tried it out today for the first time on a field of newly sown wheat. It performed beautifully and managed to bag 42. with the obvious misses. However I am realy happy the way it performed.

There are are some great aouts on the market today

so do`nt dismiss them all . Give one a go.

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :P

Daviddjloyd       glad to hear that you have no probs with autos, good to hear that you shot a few  with your new auto today, going to try some 75mm carts on friday instead of 65mm, hoping that it will sort my problem, hope so becuse i shoot well with it,.

Buzzer

A few years ago some local business men brothers bought some flight pond shooting on a local estate. They turned up with 8 shot pump-action Brownings(it was legal then). During one flight, one of them had 5 duck with six shots out of one group of duck as they departed the pond.

"You can't do that with a Purdey". He remarked to the keeper, with a grin on his face.

A few weeks later, the same chap had a jam during a hot bit of shooting.

"You don't get that with a Purdey". Remarked the keeper, with an even wider grin!!!

I have managed to get my hands on 50 70mm cartridges( hull sovereign 32g 6shot) Going to try them in my auto tomorrow, hope it will cure the problem, finngers crossed!! Thanks for all the veiws you sent chaps.  :)

all the best

Buzzer

Buzzer, you sound like your going through exactly what I went through with my Remi 1100.  Trying loads of different cartridges, different lenghths weights etc.  

Put your mind at rest and get rid of it, it shouldn't be up to you to spend hours of frustrating testing just to get a couple of barrels or three barrels off when you want to.  

I didn't mention in an earlier post that a mate of mine,  who happens to be an international clay shot owned a browning gold for one day.  He took it out on a duck flight and it jammed on every attempt at more than one shot.  It was back at the gunshop the next day and he then got a beretta 390.

Having had a remi 1100 mess me about I got a beretta 391.  I found this to be superb, but again even with great care taken when cleaning occasionally it would jam.  Thats just been traded in for a beretta 686 E sporter and I couldn't be happier and don't need to spend ages cleaning it.