why pay shop prices

hay me again

i think they hate me,

why

becouse i give all the secrets away.

here we go

get your self a explosive licence from your trading standards authority(council)

this is called a mode b licence,

this will cost you £13.00

all they do is put your name and address on the register,

and send you a letter

then this is the good bit

contact one of the major cartridge makers and buy at trade prices

£73 per 1000

good luck all

My local Gunshop sells my cartridges for just under £100 per 1000.

I would not want a 100+ mile round trip, just to save £20.

Even with all the shooting I do, its suprising how long 1000 cartridges last.

Don't forget to let your Home Insurance Company know you have an explosive licence.

I am sure they would be very interested. :)

I agree with lurch it’s hard enough to find a decent gun shop locally with out us all trying to put them out of business.

Most gun shops charge a normal retail mark up and I am happy to pay this for all the other services my local gun shop offers.

We should be trying to support them not put them out of business, 20 years ago some bright spark thought it would be great to get a Japanese car because it was slightly cheaper look at us now.

:)

Edited by varmintator

Stil got the trumpet but it does not quite cut it against the latest Jap crop.

The margins on Cartridges tend to be fairly low so dont mind paying. My local shop sells so cheap that they do the same price for a box of 25 that they would for 4000. and are cheaper than all the discount mail order places.

Dave

and i wonder what the police will think when 213 people apply for explosive licenses at the same time? i really wouldnt bother, you have to remember the other services gun shops will do for their customers, often free of charge. cartridges are the only thing that shooters need to buy regularly, so the least we can do is support them buy spending that little bit more.

Whats all this talk about explosives and old British motor bikes.  I use to ride a Triumph Trident T150 model yr 1975.  Now that was explosive. :sly:

I also owned a 1974 T150V Trident. I bought it because I was replacing my CB250K4 Honda (which was definitely ****) and I believed all the stories that my Father had told me about how wonderful British bikes were.

It was an unreliable self destructing piece of ****. It vibrated so badly that it sheared the welds on both the brackets for the horns. The head and barrels were stamped LHH and HLL on the mating surfaces, so Triumph actually admitted that they were both machined on the ****, but two wrongs sort of make a right! (the faces were so unsquare that you could actually see the runout). The carbs let in water, the electrics were ****, the ground clearance was rubbish. The reflectors fell off the oil cooler because they were glued on with mastic (what genius thought of that I wonder). Finally the automatic chain lubricator adjustment screw in the oil tank rattled loose so it pumped all the oil onto the chain and then siezed the engine. :shoot:

About the only good thing about it was that it sounded absolutely gorgeous. :shoot:

Since then I have only ever bought Japanese bikes. They just get better and better. Yamaha R1 I have now is awesome. :lol::lol: