How many Rabbits are shot by PW Members 2009

George1990

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 years ago I started my new job here ,keen as mustard (and younger ! )

The first year we (friends and I ) shot ,trapped and snared 13400 rabbits on 2700 acres .

By year five we were down to 3/4000 per year then 2/3000.

About ten or so years ago we got VHD in the rabbits and almost overnight they disappeared all bar a few pockets here and there .

They have steadily built up again and now with just shooting we are probably working on about 2000 again .

Mixi still Thins them out each year as well .

We had a realy bad few fields that a friend decided to snare . In the first week he had 460.

He came back two weeks later to do it again and got 3 !!!!!

That's how quick VHD works ! (Viral haemorrhage disease)

Signs and symptom

Signs include depression, collapse, difficulty in breathing, convulsions, high body temperature, lethargy and bleeding from the nose. Death usually occurs within 12-36 hours after the onset of fever and the mortality rate can be as high as 90-100%.

Are these 6-7000 totals, the total amount of rabbits you have killed in your lifetime?? If it is,how come alot of you lads have only killed between 1-25 rabbits so far this year (not forgetting we're half way through the year). So taking all that in to consideration, I'll be considerate and say alot of you will only kill, what, 100 rabbits per year, so in ten years thats 1000 rabbits, now you do the rest of the maths. Either theres alot of OAP on here or quite a few lads are bending the truth.

Are these 6-7000 totals, the total amount of rabbits you have killed in your lifetime?? If it is,how come alot of you lads have only killed between 1-25 rabbits so far this year (not forgetting we're half way through the year). So taking all that in to consideration, I'll be considerate and say alot of you will only kill, what, 100 rabbits per year, so in ten years thats 1000 rabbits, now you do the rest of the maths. Either theres alot of OAP on here or quite a few lads are bending the truth.

These totals are what we have all shot so far this year. :yes: