Pigeon Decoys

Craigie

Got some new decoys a while ago and they are great. They are full body but actually fold flat. This really saves on the weight and when you pack up just gather them up fold them down and put an elastic band round the head and tail. They are also quite big (Bigger than the other ones I have) and they seem to pull the birds in okay. Another advantage is because they are so light that they sit well on top of the crop you are shooting over. They come with sticks as well for when you are on new drillings etc. Not bad price either for 6 at about £15.

Not rubber chickens. Havent got any photos or websites. But I can tell you that they really work. Maybe I am setting them out right as well. Will endeavour to get some pictures though.

I went out last thursday, and set them out with relatively goo results. Then a friend came along put out his whirly magnet, and that was it not a bird to be seen.

Strange but I think sometimes the magnet scares them a little if they are being used alot.

I had a dozen Flexicoys that got a bit out of shape. I though I'd be clever and 'reshape' them using that expanding foam stuff.  :(

Oh dear! what a mess. :cry: foam expanding out of all sorts of places and the stuff sticks to everything and generally it all went a bit pear shaped. Eventually I got them all cleaned up and it did the trick....for a while. I dont' know if it was exposure to cold or what but the foam went brittle and they are back to the old shape and they rattle a lot!   :laugh:  :laugh: