Hide Poles

Cranfield

I bought some hide poles about a year ago.

They are height adjustable, by pulling the top section up from the bottom section.

After a time, the top section gets "loose" and slides back down with the weight of the cammo netting.

To tighten it up, you pull the top section out and tighten a screw in the bottom of it.

This expands a nylon washer/bush thingy. Push it back into the bottom section and its tight again.

OK so far ?....Good.

The problem comes, when you can,t tighten the nylon washer/bush thingy anymore.

This has happened to 3 of mine.

They are not a year old and they are almost useless.

This is clearly a design fault.

Has anyone else got these type of poles ?

Have you found a solution to this problem ?

I strongly advise anyone buying adjustable hide poles, to buy the ones with the locking screw fixing (I bought one from N&S, I should have bought 4 more :( )

:thumbs: You could find the height that you would normally use, drill a small hole in the bottom pole and put a nail through the hole.

This way the top pole would be supported and rest on the nail through the bottom section.........when the nail is removed the top pole slides into the bottom in the old way...

Is this English or not...stop me if i've lost the plot again... :(  :thumbs:

OR.....take some of the money, from the top of the pile, in your counting room and send off to N&s......

I can think of nothing worse than waiting for hours for the birds to arrive, only to lean into the first shot and your hide falls around your feet...... :D  :D

Cranfield,I have exactly the same poles as yourself and had the same problem .I hit on a temporary solution by putting an elastic band tightly round the top section pole and rolled it down to the position I wanted the pole to be in. This worked well,but like yourself,I didn,t think it was right that expensive gear should need elastic bands to make it work,so I pulled them apart and had another go at the adjusters but this time with a better quality Phillips screwdriver.Hey presto the screws tightened up some more and for the last 12months have not needed elastic bands.Worth a try as mine appeared fully screwed in,but the new tool did the job. :(

My mate had the same problem with his.............while we were at a  Game Fair, we approached  the people who sold them, & told them the problem..........& they gave us some new parts FAC..........I agree with Cranfield, buy the poles with the screws, Ive never had any problems with mine!

I will try using a better screwdriver and the rubber band trick.

The fact that the supplier gave lazza,s mate FOC new components, suggests that they are well aware of the problem.

Why then are they still selling them ? :thumbs:

NGhost, where did you buy those fittings ?

They sound exactly what I need to "covert" my poles.

:(