remington 870

the last engineer

I took one of these to the range on sunday ,put a 150 rounds through it ,funny thing is i had a 12g savage pump years ago in the UK never thought id get another,this little darling runs at $435.00 of the shelf here new (im guessing 180 quid ish) ,light , 28" swings well and as a new gun pumped very smooth no snags or fouls ,we ran a bunch of quick doubles on int'l skeet to see the responce of the second shot aquire ,no prob ,interchangable make it a versatile gun for the field ,

so thats another gun ive bought the wife now :D , just have to keep takeing it out and keep the dust of it for her :D:D

my own honest rating ,a very reasonably priced gun for the novice, junior ,wife or girl to shoot with,and a nice lightweight gun to carry in the field for a day 3" chamber ,between myself and my good friend a lefty and a righty it shoots well where its pointed :)

remington specs below

Offered with a wide selection of gauges and barrel configurations (see specs below for this particular shotgun), all wood and metal surfaces have a non-reflective, non-revealing finish. The 12 and 20-gauge models are offered with your choice of a 26 or 28-inch barrel with a Modified Rem Choke. The 28-gauge and .410-bore versions feature 25-inch barrels with a fixed choke. (See gauge and barrel below.)

Product Specifications

Model 870

Model Express

Action Pump

Caliber 20Ga 3"

Barrel Length 26"

Finish/Color Matte Black

Grips/Stock Wood

Type of Barrel Vent Rib

Chamber 3"

Chokes Modified

Capacity 4Rd

Sights Bead

Length of Pull (LOP) 14"

Drop at Comb 1 1/2"

Drop at Heel 2 1/2"

Martin

Well put it like this we bought two new suitcases :)

I bought a Duck Call ($24), Electronic Duck Call ($25), Camo hat with mesh face net, ear defenders (sonic type $6), fibre optic bead, magazines, Camo steering whell cover (honest!!), Dokken Mallard Decoy, Whistle lanyard etc etc.

Best store was Outdoor World on I Drive.

Price wise Walmart albiet limited range.