what would you feel

GW80

i am in a somewhat reflective mood tonight and have been watching some video's on youtube etc, and have now come away with the thought in my head "what would you be thnking now if you were involved"?

For instance, What would be in you're head now(if still alive) if you had been a pilot over Hirosiomo, if you had napalmed vitamese villages, if you were a gaurd on a nazi death camp (i am not an apologist by any means) i am just curious of what might goes through prople's heads who have been in this situations? am i alone in thinking like this, sorry for a question like this on a staurday night but am thinking out loud here!!! I am not looking right or wrong or just cause , just what may be in you're head?

I am going to add to this as my grandfather was buried this week, he served in Burma and was haunted by war till he finally got his peace this week at the age of 89!

Edited by GW80

:yes: *Hic*

Whatever I do, I make sure il have no regrets later. I keep a steady mind and I can get on with working hard, not wondering 'what if'....

I can say much for your above post as I havent been the cause of loss of life on grand (or minor) scale. Id probably find a way to live with it, like with everything that I have done wrong..

I've had a few tinnies as well

I'm not looking to get a rise out of anyone, i was just thinking out loud, there's plenty of eastern european types round this way that i could start on about! I was just really thinking about things in general and how the general consience doesn't count for much anymore, as we have to follow what's put in front of us, without consent, Communism i think's it called!!

as we have to follow what's put in front of us, without consent, Communism i think's it called!!

Not so. We are governed in this country by consent. (governed by a-holes, but by consent non the less)

Your original post is a tough one to answer. I'm sure i could, in the right circumstances, do any of the things you highlighted, but never having to have had to, i've no idea how i'd feel about it now.

I remember my grandfather fought in WW1 and was badly injured at Ypres. He never spoke of it at all, until one evening, after a bit of cajoling from my dad, he did finally open up.

He died in his sleep the following night.

It was as if he'd kept his secrets for 60 years, maybe that's how he dealt with it?

It's good to ponder.... but maybe better to apply our thougts to preventing such atrocities in the future or some of our greatest problems of our day :yes:

exactly what i mean, i was just thinking earlier what must it be like to live with certain things on your mind, legit or not we all have a consience! I'm sorry for bringing a subject like this up, but we all have to answer to some one someday?

exactly what i mean, i was just thinking earlier what must it be like to live with certain things on your mind, legit or not we all have a consience! I'm sorry for bringing a subject like this up, but we all have to answer to some one someday?

Answerable or not, giving something back seems a good thing to do. :yes: