Rip-Off!

PigeonPoo

After reading the thread on "mechanical flappers"....you guys are getting ripped off proper!!!!!!!

A place near me sells flocked shells that are £49 for 10, £89 for 20. Same shell decoy, same flocking, same white markings and black dyeing on the tail etc......just cheaper. My mates got some and they look identical to the ones on decoying dot com.

Dont want to buy their flocked shells? Send them your shells and they'll flock them for you for £1.25 per shell, and £1.95 for a full bodied decoy.

They also have an electric flapper which ****** all over the one on decoying dot com.....here's why.....It fits on ANY metal armed rotary machine, it fits on a bouncer/bobber, and also has a stand so that you can use it as a flapper on the ground conventionally for about £95 including stand and rechargeable battery. Certainly a much cheaper solution if you've ever wanted a flapping rotary machine. You can get them remote controlled for £25 or £30 extra, I cant remember exactly. Oh, and its got a GREEN cable and small green battery, not white :( !!!

They do the cheapest flocked full bodied motorised pecking decoys I've seen at £39, and you get a free battery if you buy 3 or more.

They also have folding spring steel arms which fit on almost all rotary decoy devices, I got meself a pair and they're a lot more tidy that the four or five foot things we're all used to carting around.

Just passing on some "money-savers"! Happy New Year!

PigeonPoo

PigeonPoo,

Thanks for your post, but I feel that as I have a part to play in ##############, that I must respond to a couple of your points........

Firstly that the shells you have seen are identical to ours.....they are not.Our shells have the flocking done in INDIVIDUAL colours, not sprayed on over a uniform coating of thin grey flocking, or 'dyed black' The white markings are plastic with thick paint, not a splash of paint over the flock, which so easily rubs off.However, I will say that our decoys cost 30 pence more to buy; you get what you pay for.....

Nobody else makes decoys this way, examine any others and you will see this for yourself.

Secondly that 'your' electric flapper " ****** all over the one on decoying dot com".......er, I don't think we are talking about the same product, our flapper was not designed to fit rotary machines, it is a superb decoying product in its own right.........and is £45 cheaper than the one you mention. That is with the remote control, although for an extra £50 this can be made a key fob wireless remote. It will also fit on a bobber/bouncer as required. The white wire is from an early machine which, though it works perfectly well, has since been changed to green.

To sum up, competition is a wonderful thing, and anyone who fails to shop around is a fool, but remember this, you must compare like for like, and you get what you pay for.

These ARE the best decoying products you can buy, I know as I've used them all over the years for myself and clients......."Rip off"?.........I don't think so.  :(

Pigeon Poo, the flock coated decoys and electric Flapper prices you have given, are more expensive than N&S Shooting Supplies.

However, we appreciate the information. :(

Its always good to hear of alternative suppliers, it enables  people to make their own choices.

But, you also have to evaluate, wether you are getting like for like.

Don,t forget, nothings a "Rip-Off", until someone parts with their money. :thumbs:

Pigeon Poo, your entitled to your opinion!.............But!..........I have the decoys which are on the site, & they are the best I've seen yet. What we're not doing, is forcing people to buy anything!........If someone wants to buy anything, thats fine, ....if they don't want..........thats also fine! Incedently,  the reason why the cable was that colour, was for shooting on stubble!

I already own flock decoys, so I know how they look after a bit of use, & those on the site, because of the way their made, won't end up looking like my old ones.

What I won't do is run down someone elses equitment,...........it's up to the individual shooter what the want to buy, & how much they want to spend!

I'd be interested in seeing the decoy's you talk about. Everyone want's to pay the least they can, that's good sense!.....but you do get what you pay for........that's life!

PP, could it be the "Shooters Warehouse"??, Tel. 01869 277534........now that number sounds familier.......is it Will/Phil Beasley??.........those flying decoys on page 112 of this months "Sporting Gun" look VERY similar to the ones I've seen on ############## as well!.........mmmm... :thumbs:

Having done a bit of research, I suspect that PP and WB may well be one and the same..........I hope not. :(

Will/Philip,

I don't intend to dwell on the subject and this will be the last post I make on this thread, as this site was not intended to be a battleground for shooting equipment suppliers, however......the photo's you have posted show decoys that can only be obtained from a previously mentioned site OR, as you well know, used to be obtainable from Withrange Ltd.

The person who made these decoys has confirmed that they are,indeed, his work, and that HE WILL NOT SUPPLY you with them.Both he, and I, would be very interested to know how you will be selling his gear, when he won't supply you.

Being in the job I am in,and well aware of copyright laws, I can see this ending in tears if pictures are posted of other peoples products, purporting to be manufactured by yourselves.

Anyway, Chris thanks you for the nice picture of his decoys and I will, as promised, make no futher comment on any decoying equipment whatsoever, as I don't want to offend the owner of this site.

Best Wishes with CDW, and remember your own words from an earlier thread, "that you are all for healthy competition". :(

The Buy Swap or sell column in this forum asks for NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTS

as some of the previous posts have indicated there is no harm in competition,and I quite agree

I also think that if you intend adding anything to the site of a commercial nature you should ask the owner first, and if he agrees to your post all well and good

It would do no harm to even offer him some sponsorship for the great job that he does and has done in setting up the site in the first place

We are all interested in new quality products and good prices

so give us your web site address or  business address where we can obtain catalogues  and make up our own minds

:(

We the general public look  for an unbiased opinion

on these types of product from professionals like yourselves who shoot everyday,we do not want you to say that a product is good just because you are selling it yourself. :evil:

As shooters and discerning spenders of money, we are always interested in good bargains and quality equipment.

Its appreciated, when people speak of their own experiences with equipment, good or bad.

Tips on whats new, things that some of us might miss otherwise.

Thats what its all about.

As HH says, we are grateful to the Professionals who pass on their expertise and "insider information", but we would like them to be professional in all other matters to.

We don,t want to see Suppliers arguing on the Forums, it may be entertaining at the level of gossip, but it does nobody any favours.

The continued improvements in pigeon decoying equipment is very interesting and exciting.

Long may it continue and long may we benefit from it......where ever we decide to spend our money.    :(

I am all for getting Quality decoying equipment cheaper, I just find it strange that theese prices were much higher a few months ago. There are clearly people trying to help other like minded pigeon shooters and there are people trying to take people for as much as the market will allow ,nothing wrong with that but there is no point in weeping on the carpet when cheaper products come on the market.