Open Shoot, Suffolk

starlight32

I don't know if you are interested but there another open shoot coming off up here, held with-in my local village clay club/ground (proper number in an ex gravel pit). Its on a sunday, prize funds pretty good.

Don't know if some of the PW homeys may wish to come up for the show, if travelling is not too far.....

Link is here Visit My Website

Date is 14/06/2009

People come up from a few counties to shoot it every year so I just thought I would make you aware. Prize fund and an interesting pool shoot.

Have a think if you fancy a change of scenery for a sunday, geographically its closer for the Essex mob than High lodge. Its worth coming just for the door step jam sponges the local old wenches knock up...best food served on any clay shoot I have ever seen.

Seriously though its a good day out.

Regards

starlight32

Edited by starlight32

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have to make the trip up to see you

I am Dog training in the morning but can make the afternoon.

I might be able to make this too (got an old friend staying with us that weekend but i think he'll be back on the train in the morning).

If you wanted to MC we could take the one car? I'll drive.

Good evening all, Newbie here!

Starlight32,

Thank you for advertising our modest shoot - it looks as if the PigeonWatch Forums have a mighty audience, there has never been such interest in the WGC website! You obviously have some knowledge of what we do and who we are but I'm not sure that the good people who put in much time and effort will appreciate your tongue-in-cheek description of them. Just to curb your enthusiasm, I also have to apologise in advance for the lack of attendance of the 6 Fingered Lady on account of a clash of dates with her manicurist.

To those who are thinking of turning out to sample our delights: you're welcome but bear with us as the regular club clientele tends to turn up in abundance early in the day. Having said that, any crowds that you encounter will allow you that much more time to enjoy a good day out and give generously in support of Westleton Barrel Fair......

wgc.

Gonna pretend to visit your mum then come over for MC Cabs? Bacon sarnies on me before the off. :blink:

<_<

That's pretty much what I said to Starlight this morning when he first suggested it, except that I said Bagsy's mum could cook for us all.

I fancy this one too.

:yes:

That's pretty much what I said to Starlight this morning when he first suggested it, except that I said Bagsy's mum could cook for us all.

I fancy this one too.

Well it sounds like kick off from Bradfield Hall is lunch time so i'll put as much bacon on as required before the off. I live next door to the village pub so i've got **** loads of parking! ???

Hi Yes Id like to come and visit, shoulder injury could hamper my shooting but Im up for a crack i only live in village outside Ipswich. Ta

Please no excuses...Cannot afford to show weakness in the face of the enemy.

Just rememeber you are suffolk man made of iron and steel so we will see you there.........

hi rob, i fancy a trip over the border for this,

any other Norfolk PW members fancy making up a raiding party, we could slip over the border and be back in time for tea with the gold and some of them there 3 legged women, well if we can catch any

mikee

• 3 weeks later...
Rob,

I wont be able to make this, sorry mate

See you soon

Matt

My earlier post was lost in the PW Screw up. Sorry to say i can't make it either, just too much going on this weekend and it would be too much charging about for me to try and make the shoot. Hope it's a good day for all involved.

My earlier post was lost in the PW Screw up. Sorry to say i can't make it either, just too much going on this weekend and it would be too much charging about for me to try and make the shoot. Hope it's a good day for all involved.

Bang go those bacon sarnies :hmm: