Open Shoot, Suffolk

starlight32

WGC here again -

I forgot to mention that for all the air gunners out there, the Westleton Airgun Club will be running a have-a-go day on their sporting ranges in the bottom of the pit on Sunday 14th June alongside our clay shoot. Have a look at http://www.westletongunclub.co.uk/airgun.htm for more details about what they do.

STOP PRESS.........

The last stand will be my humble version of a 3 trap mini-sporting using both towers!

We shall also have a pool shoot consisting of several traps showing a compact and/or flush!

Thank you for your continued interest in my website, I look forward to seeing a few of you on Sunday.

WGC

Just noticed the airgun bit, I will bring the .243 as well

Regards

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so who turned out for the shoot then? i didnt see any pigeon watch members, not that i know any anyway.

there seemed to be a good turn out, there must have been over 100 cards by the end. i managed a superb :no: 39, which i was quite happy with considering i havent shot clays in over a year, with a glorious 7 on the tower stand.

mikee

Just woken up after 40 winks - knackered!

Bazza, Del Digweed, Big Russ and myself all made the journey up to Suffolk. Thank god for sat navs, took us straight there but you'd hardly stumble onto that shoot. We had to laugh at Starlight's comment that it wasn't as far as High Lodge - by what, 10 metres :beer:

Talking of Starlight, did you go? Seems every time we head up to Suffolk the local lads are nowhere to be seen :sad1:

Top day out with great company. Russ laughed so hard he spat coffee over us, Bazza provided the entertainment on the way there and back - especially once he'd had some fried eggs :/ and Del Digweed swallowed one of of his *****cks, but that's another story :lol:

Nice little shoot. Bazza equalled the top shot of the day on the tower stand with a magnificent 9 :no:

I hit a 44 (with a 7 on the last stand)

Del 40

Bazza 38

Russ - ran off with his card :beer:

:hmm: Very enjoyable shoot, well laid out and no real "gimme" targets all needed thought.

I had a mare on the first round with only 34 did a second and got 38, did a third and got 9, then 9, then 9 great card, then the wheels fell off...got a 2, :)?? on a stand I previously straighted, then did a 9 on the compact tower stand.....for another 38....go figure!!!!!!

as for the oranges....smashed em!!! but they were all sky bound!!!! Great day, great company....sorry about your testicle Del :good:

I was there, but I had no contact details for any of you, and as soon as I had my round I went. -I actually thought you guys were not coming as all the interest sort of tailed off from the thread. Mungler,lv,MC all had other things come up and to be honest I did'nt want to push it as it is a bit of a way for you lads as it unless there is a car full.

I was there, but I had no contact details for any of you, and as soon as I had my round I went. -I actually thought you guys were not coming as all the interest sort of tailed off from the thread. Mungler,lv,MC all had other things come up and to be honest I did'nt want to push it as it is a bit of a way for you lads as it unless there is a car full.

No worries, how did you get on?

Almost forgot - as we were unloading the car Baz let off a rather long, loud and warm noise as he scented his new ground - not realising there was a woman sat behind him in a deck chair doing some knitting. I think she's been scared for life :good:

No worries, how did you get on?

Almost forgot - as we were unloading the car Baz let off a rather long, loud and warm noise as he scented his new ground - not realising there was a woman sat behind him in a deck chair doing some knitting. I think she's been scared for life :good:

I took a 37,

The woman who was knitting is often there, and EE may have done us a favour by moving her on.

Hello Boys, WGC here,

Thanks for your support yesterday - great stuff! I'm only the bloke who sets up as you know but I can tell you that the Trophy was won with a 45 and that there were only 2 guns of 81 who straighted the sporting competion. I took some pictures which will appear on my website, www.westletongunclub.co.uk when I get round to it, hopefully tomorrow after I've picked up all the clays that you missed.....

Your comments on this forum are much appreciated, I'm copying a few to show my small band of merry men who helped with setting and running our small contribution to village funds. Like everyone else who volunteers for anything, it does our old hearts good to hear from people who gain small pleasure from our efforts.

WGC.

P.S. It has been reported to me that the knitting lady is making steady progress.

No worries big man, and welcome aboard :good:

Not sure about that Kent air though, I always have to turn the fog lights on as I cross the bridge! Compared to the internal/external guessing game on the way back though it must have been an improvement :good: