Beretta semi-auto

Hi guys, I thinking of getting a semi-auto for decoying.

Probably beretta.

I quite like the Advantage camo model.

Are the three-shot semis easier to use in a hide than the u/o's

Do they have meny probs???

What should I look out for if I buy second-hand???

Do you use semi-auto-if so why :crazy::D  :D  :grumpy:  8)

Dead-eye, I've shot a semi-auto for so many years I can't remember!  In my opinion the easy handling and extra shot of a 3-shot auto make up for the fact you have only one choke on offer.  A 1/2 choke handles most shots at sensible ranges, and if you feel the need to change it only takes a few seconds anyway!!

A synthetic camo option is a good choice - my mossie is such a gun - as it will take a huge amount of abuse!

Look out for sloppy barrel fit on second-hand guns (a wee bit of movement is not a problem), also take off the forend and check out the piston seals and bolt carrier (look carefully for cracks in carrier arms).

You'll have no probs with a semi-auto as long as it's kept reasonably clean and lubricated.

PS: Take extra care when handling a semi as it's not always easy to know if it's loaded or not!!  Don't want any negligent discharges mate!

You should easily pick up a 20g semi for £150 Big Dave.   :crazy:

Camo tape will hold moisture if it gets wet.  You may find that when you take it off there's rust underneath, so watch out for that mate!  What about one of those stretchy gun socks?

I find the gun socks work well with the camo tape. Their pretty easy to put on, & as far as I'm aware there are only 2 fits. One for an o/u & one for a semi auto. Put the gun sock on the gun & cut it where you need to, making sure you can open & shut the gun easily & you can operate the trigger & safety catch. Then if you want to, you can tape the gun where the metal or wood shows. I also tape the end 2 inches of the barrels.