Beretta 682 Gold E

Browning

I've been looking around for a new clay gun, and been offered a Beretta 682 Gold E sporter. It's in immaculate condition and, after a few rounds of skeet and sporting over the last couple of weekends, I'm shooting as well as any gun I've picked up.

Does anyone own/shoot a 682 ? Any opinions on them ?

Cheers,

Browning

A very good gun, well balanced points well.

Expect to pay £1200 - £1350 for a secondhand model in excellent condition.

Make sure that you are given all of the Optima chokes that come with the gun, as extra chokes are expensive.

1/4 + 1/4 is ideal for most Sporting Clays or decoyed woodies, I hardly ever use any tighter than half.

Look after it and you will not lose money on it when you come to sell.

PS - You'll have to change your Username..!!

:lol::lol::lol::shoot::shoot:

assuming that it fits you, its an excellent gun. i know men at my gun club that shoot 682 berettas some of which go way back to the earliest 682 models and these guns hold up quite well. these fellows shoot most every weekend so its a good test. in short, if it fits, and if you get an equitable price and assuming that it does not have some defect, i don't think that you can go wrong. i shoot a beretta 687 optima clays and i really like it. the gun fits me very well and therefore i have learned to use it pretty well. make sure that it fits you personally. thanks my advice for whatever its worth.

p.s.

the beretta 682 / 686/ 687 series of guns are rebuildable in the areas where they wear out. in short, if these guns are properly cared for they will last a lifetime or at least for a hell of a long time. they are largely rebuildable--its a proven design.

Thanks for all your replies lads, I took the plunge and bought it last night.

As far as I can see it's mint, not a mark on it, complete with four Optima chokes, solid case, full toolkit, spare trigger, adj stock key etc etc.

I'll see how it shoots for me on the Compact tonight.

Now all I need is a new gun cabinet............damn 32" barrels are too long to fit

through the door of my cabinet....I have to take the chokes out to get it in.... :*) :*)

Hi Baz,

I checked that, Beretta now only supply four Optima chokes with the 682. 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 and Cylinder.

If you have spare Optima chokes lying around PM with what you have and how much you want for them, I'd be interested in Full, 1/4 and Cylinder.

Cheers,

Brownetta

Hi Baz,

I checked that, Beretta now only supply four Optima chokes with the 682. 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 and Cylinder.

If you have spare Optima chokes lying around PM with what you have and how much you want for them, I'd be interested in Full, 1/4 and Cylinder.

Cheers,

Brownetta

hi brownetta,

they must of only recently changed the amount of chokes supplied, as one of my mates bought one (682) around 3-4 weeks ago and he had 5, although the shop may have had the gun in for some time i suppose.

i definetly have a spare Full i'll check the others although it'll have to be tomorrow, as i'm away at a friends till then.

regards, baz