LOB WORMS

mark_mjs93

ok i have been on the hunt to catch a load of lob worms for the past week, they are proving to be wee little beggers and are causing me much angst, i am supposed to be going fishing on monday next week so with the hottest weekend on record dawning i need help to catch them, i am going to buy some aswell, but i would like to catch a load (some for fishing some for the compost bin) i have read that they come out on the Grass in the evenings after a warmish rain, well tonight i have put out a few buckets of cool luke warm water, and im going to head out when it gets dim and have a look, if there is none im at a loss, im not after little onesby the way, i need decent sized lob worms for fishing...

any tips on how i can get these little Mugs... im losing my mind, i have scoured the internet time and time again and im starting to lose it, i have tried the thing were you put A garden fork in the round and drum on it with fists, didnt work, the one with a wooden stake and running a saw back and forth over the top, no luck, water, little bit of luck (1 worm) and soapy water, also NO LUCK....

PLEASE SOMEBODY THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS AND I SWEAR TO GOD IM GONNA LOSE MY MIND IF I DONT HAVE A BUCKET OF WORMS BY THE END OF THE WEEKEND :oops:

ATB

Mark

:blink:

Edited by mark_mjs93

You need to either go out on your lawn at night when its really wet or better yet actually raining with a dull headlight.

Worms will lay on the surface, some you will be able to pick straight up others will bolt, this is when a pair of marigolds come in handy as you can hold on to the worm untill it relaxes and slids back out but dont pull or it will break.

You look like aright *** doing it and your neighbours may think your odd but its the best way, deep bucket aswell to stop them getting away... GOOD LUCK.

you will have to try further afield for you worms,there,s no guarentee there any under your lawn.worms do not like acidic soil, if yours, is no worms.compost heaps farmers fields cow pats are your best bet.if you need them on a regular basis get yourself a wormery for future use.you can buy worm eggs to get it going.

if you need them on a regular basis get yourself a wormery for future use.you can buy worm eggs to get it going.

Not for lobworms, they really don't breed in artificial situations. Dendras will breed very well though.

However, you get get worm storage banks that will safely keep lobbies alive for a long while if kept if a cool place.

Not for lobworms, they really don't breed in artificial situations. Dendras will breed very well though.

However, you get get worm storage banks that will safely keep lobbies alive for a long while if kept if a cool place.

Yes they will, soil covered in spagnum moss :lol::yes::lol:

The lads have told you nearly everything you need to know.

A nice damp night, a torch with a narrow beam as not to spread the light.

I go to the local park and will come back with at least 200 in an hour +.

A lot of them I get in two,s as they are getting ready to mate and are locked together.

These will last me for a 5 hour fishing match.

A little tip:- get a two ltr ice cream tub, put two holes in the sides with a piece of string through so it goes underneath the box with enough string underneath to get your foot in. then put two holes in the back of the box with string, and tie it round your ankles. you can then walk around with it on your foot putting your worms in. It saves walking up and down to your bait tub. and saves you an awful lot of time.

Not a very good explanation but you get the idea.

If I am fishing a competition in Ireland I could take up to 2000 lobs which is back breaking.

GOOD LUCK

TUCKER.

ok i gave in today, after DAYS of violent and heartbreaking work, NO WORMS one or two here and there, but not enough, i went down the tackle shop spent £15 on grounbaits maggots and bits and peices, and then was ready to spend £8.90 for a match pack of worms, ok i went up, went to get a pack out of the fridge and some polish numpty grabbed 3 boxes (the last three) and brought them :yes: FUMING, so i had to get 2 small pots of 10 lobw worms (so i got 20 lobs) and a pot of 10 dendras, they should do well for my session..... Fingers crossed...