Pigeon Magnet Showroom

Malc

I paid a visit to the Pigeon Magnet showroom today. They've got all sorts of rotating, flapping, landing, 2 arm, and 4 arm rotary devices. Flock decoys, swoopers/floaters, nets, bags and batteries. Some really usefull looking triple extending hide poles and a new "free-standing" fibreglass hide.

I was like a kid in a toy shop! I'm going back when I get my pocket money!

Malc, sounds good, but be careful to compare prices.

Some of their stuff is a bit pricey.

An alternative Supplier for flock covered decoys has been posted on here.

Personally, I prefer them to the Magnet version and there was quite a price difference.

Just my 2p worth.

Well, Everygoodnamewastaken, as I believe you're located North of the border, you might be disappointed to find out that the showroom is in Bicester, Oxfordshire.

Cranfield you're right, being a good tight Yorkshireman, I smiled to myself at the near  £300 price tag on one, all singing all dancing, Magnet. Don't worry I'm not going to pay those prices. I can make a DIY version for about a tenner.

All that said, they do have very good quality products and some items, particularly the triple extending poles, that I might just splash out on!!!!! (Probably after the Sun has iced over!)

I paid another visit today and I found out what a "glider" is. It's just a plain old floater/swooper. Apparently, several years ago the "Simplex Glider" was patented by someone. If you buy a floater from Withrange, the Pigeon Magnet people, then it has the name "Simplex Glider" and a phone number stamped on the metal. So there you are. Not as exciting as we hoped.

Don't make fun. It's not my fault I'm the way I am. I've been like this ever since I was savaged by a crazed woodpigeon decoy when I was 4 years old. I only survived by beating it unconcious with my action man. Mummy says I've never been the same since and that I must start cooking the pigeons I shoot before I eat them. I don't like the idea of that though because I think it would spoil the taste of the feathers if they were cooked. But then, mummy always knows best.

Does anyone else have feelings like me?

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: .............you speak for yourself Cranfield..............I'm not mad............................my brothers mad...............................I'M A TRAIN!!!!........WOO WOOOO!!!!!!

thanks for finding that out for us Malc...........a floater eh!!!

Mind you I suppose it works on the same theory as buying Spring Water................Loads of people do!!!.............Even though the Spring probably runs through the River Trent.

:crazy:

Being the proud owner of a brand new Simplex Glider, (purchased at a suitably discounted price I might add) I thought you chaps might like to know that, after a suitable field test today, I can say with some authority, that it didn't attract a single pigeon!........ It looked good, it bobbed, it swooped and even glided (is glided a proper word?) but no, not 1 bird came to peak at it. TYPICAL! :crazy: