Determining the age of an AYA 12b SBS

shoughton

Can anybody point me to some info that would enable me to date an old AYA side by side that I have?

Thanks

Steve

If you go on the AYA website and use the contact us they will get back to you usually overnight. The have dated 2 for me and told me which model they were.

Hope that helps a bit!

Hi,

The importers are ASI, you'll see their adverts. Given the serial number, they will tell you but will probably (definitely?) charge a fee.

If it's any help, mine made in 1963 has a 6 figure number, the first three being 241.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

according to the link supplied by meinderby the age of your shotgun is wrong?? :S

mick

according to the link supplied by meinderby the age of your shotgun is wrong?? :S

mick

Mick,

Thanks for that. When I bought it I did so on its condition, wasn't too fussed as to exactly what is was. However, did speak to ASI and from my description and ser. no. they were able to identify it and gave me the year of manufacture.

Cheers

• 9 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I also need help on the topic. I’ve just purchased an old AyA Yeoman 12 bore SxS and I’m curious.

The link to the aya website no longer works but looking at the proof parks and tables elsewhere can anyone else confirm that based on the CH in the last proof mark that this is circa 1930??

cheers chaps. 

79BB51C4-0936-4619-AE4B-59CD70FD422B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cheesefiend said:

340041 is late sixties/early seventies according to this:

http://www.shotguns.se/html/aya_serial_numbers.html

plus it’s a 70mm chamber

I agree and is probably more likely but that is assuming it isn’t before 1945 as the serial numbers started again at that point.

Before that it wasn’t aged on the serial but instead a letter code on the proof marks? 

So what i was getting at is how do we determine it’s not one of the first sets of serial numbers (pre 1945)?

29 minutes ago, oFUBARo said:

I agree and is probably more likely but that is assuming it isn’t before 1945 as the serial numbers started again at that point.

Before that it wasn’t aged on the serial but instead a letter code on the proof marks? 

So what i was getting at is how do we determine it’s not one of the first sets of serial numbers (pre 1945)?

chambers are measured in mm.