White woodpigeon...

henry d

I went down to my allotment today and the guy who has the `lot next to me has his brassicas netted off, out flew one woodie and left inside was a white woodie. I have never seen one, although I thought I saw one near there a few months ago.

I lifted the net and got inside with intent to kill it and get it mounted and somehow it managed to find the hole and escape. At first I was devastated, then I thought, I wouldn`t get a feed from it(therefore a waste) and it was just for a talking point, so was a bit vain.

I then thought, what if you had shot it ? You would have been a pleased as punch :hmm:

So what would you have done if you caught it ??

We have a number of white woodies here from time to time and they make good markers, you can follow a flock during the winter months and get a feel for their range. Having said that if I ever got the chance to shoot one I would and hopefully if undamaged I'd get it to my taxidermist. I've been offered one for that purpose by a mate who's keeping it in his freezer but it's just not the same unless you've shot it yourself or unless there's are special situation.