28g or 24g

After some personal experiences now...

I have always shot 28g loads at the clay ground, but a few people have said that they are finding 24g loads better or equally as good as the 28's. Not only are they cheaper of course, but give less recoil helping better performance.

I am nearly out of shells now and have been thinking whether to get a thousand 24g loads, but thought I would pick all yours brains first to see what the general concensus is.

Should I stick with the 28's or are the 24's becoming more the "norm" now?

Cheers

I use 24g x 8's for my clay shooting, but the least of my worries is the shell I am using. Lack of talent I think is the main one :P

I find they are cheaper, easier on my shoulder and seem to work just as well as anything else I have tried on the shoots we go to. If you shoot seriously, competitions etc. I can see the reason for using 28g loads. All I try and do is beat my mates, and very occasionally I do :good:

ft

I am sure that the law of probability will say the more pellets you have in a cartridge then you will proberbly have a better chance of hitting something .

Harnser .

Agreed.....

When the lead ban came in for wildfowling I found myself inudated heavy lead loads up to 2 1/4 oz's. I used them all up on pigeons and quite frankly I did'nt think it increased my hit ratio at all

What it do on one occasion is ****** up my shoulder.