RSPCA

col s10

As a kid, I always held them in high esteem. As a young adult I endorsed their campaigning - because I still felt they were there as a catch all for animals who needed to be better looked after and also they were local and accessible - I had a good mate who worked in our version (SSPCA) of it. As my life has gone on, I am angered by the manner in which I perceive this group to have changed and how politicised I feel they now are. Perhaps as a younger person I was nieave (spelling?)and just didn't recognise they were like that? I now consider them to be semi fascist in their approach to the role they had and that this role is no longer the same as it was when I was younger. Because of the way they try to impress on the public they are a uniformed and therefore legal body with the rights of search and entry - is very and completely wrong of them. I do believe they are now the frontpiece for animal liberationists and anti hunt groups. :lol:

Pushkin :rolleyes:

They are the worst of the Anti's and the old bill and labour party listen to the idiots still the labour party has just had a good kicking so they have something else to think about the thing i hate about the RSPCA is the lies they come out with.

I deal with the RSPCA through my job of managing farmland, on a regular basis. In all bar one incident where there's been a desperate need for actual intervention (discovery of serious neglect and cruelty to animals), the RSPCA hasn't come up with the goods, leaving landowner/police/another charity to intervene.

The organisation is weak, staffed with ineffectual and half-witted Walts in polyester uniforms, and far more concerned with its own public image than getting its hands dirty or showing some backbone. The RSPCA would be among the first up against the wall come the revolution.

Personally i've had no dealings with said organisation, but my brother who leaves in Newtownards Co.down was telling me that at easter they had an injured swan in the river in front of them and called the USPCA as it's called over here, they told him to ring a local vet to deal with it!! the swan swam about for a week before anyone dealt with it so it seems to me that unless they're going to profit from it or get some publicity they're really not all they're cracked up to be!! Plus they are very anti, i'm sure if i'd decided to shoot the swan to put it at peace they would have been all over that!!!!!!!

Edited by GW80

I have had professional dealings with the RSPCA for thirty years and I have contacted them some hundreds of times a year on various matters, especially relating to animals injured in road traffic accidents, and believe me when I say I have never in thirty years been successful in having the turn out to an injured animal I do not lie , my friends and colleagues will back me up on this and will offer many more examples of this..

The RSPCA is the biggest waste of space in this country it is an organisation founded and run for the benefit of the employees they take advantage of any publicity that is offered but never deal with their core responsibilities.

Guest topshot_2k
The RSPCA is the biggest waste of space in this country it is an organisation founded and run for the benefit of the employees they take advantage of any publicity that is offered but never deal with their core responsibilities.

:rolleyes:

The same is true on this side of the pond to a point, and i think that they are a breeding ground for some nutters. But i can say they are really affecting at taking care of the critters that need help. Most cities and counties have them on payroll and have cut back the animal control officers.. PETA are the nut jobs!!

The RSPCA is a loverly little jolly for the executives who command massive wages and will fight tooth and nail to keep it so . Its one of the worst charities to donate to . Something like two pence in the pound goes on actuall animal welfare ,the rest goes in admin . I wouldnt give them a penny .

Harnser .

The RSPCA is a loverly little jolly for the executives who command massive wages and will fight tooth and nail to keep it so . Its one of the worst charities to donate to . Something like two pence in the pound goes on actuall animal welfare ,the rest goes in admin . I wouldnt give them a penny .

Harnser .

Ditto

Also,isnt it strange when the RSPCA ask for £3 a month donation and the NSPCC ask for £2.Is an animals life worth more than a childs and if it is-why?

Always made me think when the beeb used to show animal hospital on tv.Would the inspectors really have attented incidents so prompt had Rolf Harris and the obligatory camera crew not been attending.

They didnt get a very good response at the London march either (98) i think somebody trashed there balloon :blush::lol:

One came to my house asking for a donation, he got the idea i liked squirrels cus of my house number plaque,

i hasten to add he didnt get any money but did get an ear full, i told him i was just going out lamping fox,s, :hmm:

They didnt get a very good response at the London march either (98) i think somebody trashed there balloon :lol::hmm:

One came to my house asking for a donation, he got the idea i liked squirrels cus of my house number plaque,

i hasten to add he didnt get any money but did get an ear full, i told him i was just going out lamping fox,s, :yes:

this i like :blush:

I just recieved a thing in the post about joining the rspca. 3 quid a month??? I'm 16, thats almost twice the basc membership! (for juniors)

O, and apparently there's no second chance for wildlife, so don't thing twice about giving just a little to protect it ;)