2 Inch lifting kit for Freelander

I have a Freelander which gets used as a family vehicle as well as having all my shooting kit stored in it. I do take it off road a fair bit and I'm impressed with its capabilities, apart from the ground clearence.....

I have been told that you can get a 2" lifting kit which will then allow for some chunky tyres. I have done a bit of google action but cant find a supplier.

Has anyone used a lifting kit or know someone who has?

Any advice (apart from get a different vehicle) would be appreciated.

Thanks, Paul.

I looked into spacers for my freelander and as far as im aware you can only get 2 inch spacers for them, which sit on top of the suspension strut i think so they only lift the body work up so you will have to get larger tyres or you wont increase your ground clearance.

i have a set of 215/75/15 bfg muds on mine it has increase the clearance a fair bit. i didnt think it was worth putting a lift on it so i could fit the next size tyre on it. you wont be gaining that much clearance. you will still have issues.

tbh its just a case of being carefull. underbody protection would do you more use then the lift imo.

a heavy duty sumpguard and maybe some rockslidders would be the best bet. mantec sump guards come up on ebay every now and then about £100

the lifts are fairly expensive for not alot of extra clearance.

how 'offroad' are you intending on going? i cope not too bad and follow defenders around at the weekends around the shoot. however they do make ruts so i just have to straddle them. u get the occasional bit you can't so you have to work a way round it, thats the fun of offroading. :yes:

and the freelanders are fantastic offroad, just a shame they dont have the same ground clerance as its big brothers.

Charlie. ;)