Anschutz .22/.17Hmr

madmanx

:wacko: I wonder if any one else has encountered the same problem as myself with a new Anshutz .22 or .17Hmr.I have found that if the bolt moves upwards slightly which can easily happen as you are walking round the land ,when you come to shoot, the rifle will not fire indeed the firing pin do'sn't even mark the case,if you immediately recock the rifle it fires no probs.I have tested both rifles and if you cock the rifle fully and then just slightly pull the bolt upwards slightly nether rifle fires ,it seems that the bolt can too easily be caught and moved,any help or feedback would be appreciated.Cheers Steve

its the only thing that stopped me from getting one (besides the cash issue that comes with an anshutz)

there are several people that told me about this issue and advised against it

nice rifles ruined by a tiny little fault, surely someone must have comeup with a fix for it?

Cheers for that at least i know all the Anschutz are the same also since i worked out the problem i can easily get round it just with a check on the bolt before firing .I think i will learn to live with it as the pro's outway this small problem or be it a pain in the **** :wacko:

Madmanx,

I have 1417 and i wouldnt swap for anything ! well maybe a glock 17 :wacko:

This really isnt that big a problem, in the 3 years ive had it has maybe happened 20 times out of nearly 9000 rounds!!

Being right handed i used to sling my 1471 on my left shoulder which has more chance of knocking the bolt! sling it on your right and the problem almost goes away!!!

Quick thought on saftey ,

Should we really be walking around with a round chambered??

It must be safer to only chamber a round when you have a shot!!!

I too have the 1417 and i do sling it on my right shoulder,but for some reason i still manage to catch the bolt.As for safety i decock if i am going through gates etc but otherwise just have the safety on,i find that if i load when i am ready to shoot the noise of cocking the gun can cause the intended target to buggeroff!!!I must admit this should not be a problem with the Hmr as the distance tends to be further