a few questions about jimnys

claybreaker

Obviously not a vehicle many on here know about :lol:

I thought Cranners had one and swears by it. Its in a thread somewhere, do a search :yp:

Suzuki's are pretty reliable, got the SX4 myself. The Jimny wasn't big enough for me and the SX4 is a good shooting car IMO, Good clearance and the 4grip is permanent 4wheel drive.

GH

I have a 57 plate Jimny ex demo in green, cheap as chips. :unsure:

First thing I did was to rip out the back seats and put a piece of MDF dow, this takes all my shooting gear.

2nd job was to get a set of General Grabber AT2 tyres fitted.

I have never been stuck and have went through a fair share of muddy fields.

I would not hesitate to buy another.

I really rate mine. It is very capable off road, if shod correctly, though short on room. The back seats are a joke, but folded down I can get a dog crate in that's 36" x 27" x 24.5", or a deer box. Then my gun goes in behind the front seats and my pigeon shooting bag goes in the passenger seat well, at crossroads I can nearly see round it! They do 35+mpg.

ft

Suprisingly great in the fields on standard tyres as supplied, average low 30's in mpg, my back seats are 99.9% down. Roof bars are about £40 in halfords if needed.

Definetly not a boy racers car, you're always in a convoy, first if no one can pass you, or last if everyone has passed you. But gets you from A 2 B.

• 1 month later...

I have a 57 plate model, its great off road and seems toughly built. Its far better on road than I expected too, quiet and smooth as long as you dont over rev it, it will go at 70mph all day, had 95mph out of her, but not recommended for long.

I get 32-36mpg with fairly hard driving, as it has to compete with too fast cars we have at home.

If you carry a lot of gear, have a large dog, do alot of motorways, then probably not for you, as a second car for pottering around in with no great hurry needed, they are great and full of character.

Admiral