Another new gadget

lazza

Hiya All

I'm a sucker when it comes to buying new stuff! I called in to the gunshop on Friday & something caught my eye straight away.Remember I said about the pecker that I'd bought, well there was a new one there with wings! When you looked at it from the side it was nothing special, just a moving shell with 2 foam wings opening & closing(well I don't suppose 1 would be any use!).But when I looked from above it, I had to have it! I used it on Saturday on some rape.Even though I did'nt have many birds coming in, the ones that did all came in behind my Fying Percy(How do they think em up?Another source for ridicule! lol ). As the birds are becoming a little warey of the magnet,I think this will do the job.Downside is it's not cheap at £58.But then a days pigeon shooting for me is only the cost of the cartridges anyway so it's no big deal! I'm sure it'll come into it's own on the drillings & when the other crops are just coming up.I'll let you know how I get on!

lazza, that does sound expensive at £58, is it electrical, or just rocking on a spring loaded peg?

I bought my rotary pigeon device from Pinewood Sporting Products and they also sell flock coated decoys.

Has any one seen or tried these?

I am always on the lookout for new decoy ideas, but I think we have to be careful, that its the pigeons that get caught and not us.

It is a great idea for people to post their experiences, good or bad, regarding products, it helps all of us.

The "Flying Percy" runs off of a 12v battery. I use an 18 amp half size battery & that runs both of the peckers & the magnet. I bought 6 of the flock coated deeks from Pinewood & use them mostly for lofting, as I don't like getting them caked with mud on the ground.They look superb, but at over £6 each I don't really want to be replacing them often.

• 10 months later...

Crikey!.....Is it nearly a year since that was originally posted!

Don't time fly!!

The answer is, Percy is still going, although since then I have found stuff, that in my opinion is better. So unfortunately,Percy has been relegated to the back of the shed. :crazy: