48 OZ STEAK

robinhood69

I did a 24oz one comfortably with chips etc and could have eaten half again. 48oz though,3lb of meat at one sitting is likely to cause serious piggery in me.Especially if it was a good steak. How good ARE the really big ones? Do they have to use the poor cuts to make big steaks?

I do like BIG ones but more than a mouth full is just a waste.

I did a 24oz one comfortably with chips etc and could have eaten half again. 48oz though,3lb of meat at one sitting is likely to cause serious piggery in me.Especially if it was a good steak. How good ARE the really big ones? Do they have to use the poor cuts to make big steaks?

I do like BIG ones but more than a mouth full is just a waste.

Good point Vole,the quality wasnt really that good,after the second day even the dog got fed up with the leftovers.

I think after my experience small is best.12 oz fillet is enough for me.Mind you now were in recession its a pork chop for me....mmm .wonder how big they get...

RH

There is a pub called the Kestrel in Tutbury just outside Burton on trent that does a 200 oz steak it cost £80 and needs to be ordered 2 days in advance .

If you can eat it you get your money back .

I asked the landlady if anyone ever had managed it . She said dont be stupid no one ever comes close

Makes you wonder why they bother .

Ps yes i once did a 48 oz but wouldnt do it again as its not a good feeling when you slouch back in the chair