Best gun shop in the uk

reaper6

..none of the above....its the one thats gonna sell me my .243 next year at 50% off retail and an extra 25% off 'cos it will be on offer with a mod and scope.

......still not found it though........McAvoys are not too bad up here but fairly small...very easy to deal with and good aftersales...

ATB

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Euroguns in Doncaster have EVERYTHING.

Hey they do but they want stupid prices for it as well, there shotguns are the dearest around don't take your shotgun there for a P/X they won't give you a good price, they want it off you for next to nothing and they won't even hagle they say a price and that's it. better gunshops around and cheaper.

Id like to Nominate Chichester Armouries as the best, good choice, helpfull staff and reasonable prices.

However I'd also like to nominate Thomas Turner's of Reading as the worst, they wanted £50 to act as a RFD for a gun to be sent to, whereas everywhere else wanted £25. There cartridges are also around £2 dearer a box than anywhere else ive been to. £8.10 for a box of .410 Eley! Its a shame as its the only gun shop in Reading.

• 1 year later...

Id like to Nominate Chichester Armouries as the best, good choice, helpfull staff and reasonable prices.

However I'd also like to nominate Thomas Turner's of Reading as the worst, they wanted £50 to act as a RFD for a gun to be sent to, whereas everywhere else wanted £25. There cartridges are also around £2 dearer a box than anywhere else ive been to. £8.10 for a box of .410 Eley! Its a shame as its the only gun shop in Reading.

Actually we do charge £25. As we are only a small shop we can't buy in such big quantities. However we are flexible on prices and will do great deals on anything.

Chichester Armouries is quite a big shop.A few years ago I was after a 20 gauge for my son,saw a browning/miroku 60(can't remember which) on guntrader,rang them to see they were open and still had the gun,drove down there,over an hour to get there and as I got to the shop they were shutting for lunch!?Ever since I have never been back.It is crazy how one action changes perception because I would never now go back to them if they were the last gunshop on earth..Looked like a reasonable shop(but will never know as never got inside)!!

Meant to add try Rakers Northchapel,they did a gun transfer for me for nothing.All they said on the phone when I enquired as to rfd charges(gun came from rfd in Wales) is perhaps buy some bits/cartridges when you come in...what a nice way to do business.So guess what Rakers is where I go and reccommend.

R and K Stockcraft in Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes are the best shop I have been to.

I travel a fair distance to get there, but they offer a great service, with a wide range of stock topped off with good advice.

Much better than any of my local shops.

It's over an hour for me to get to R&K, but i've bought my last 2 guns from there as well as other bits and pieces. Always very helpful and actually happy to help unlike some places closer. John Eastaff in Sandy comes close 2nd.

country feild sports north walsham gets number 1 vote , followed by nelsons of norwich / philip webster at attlebough.

i prefer to pay whatever if they are local , if i shop around too much the locals might go bust ! ask the mrs , she reckons i should have shares by now. :lol:

I use these shops and have had good experience with all of them:

Euroguns in Doncaster

Henry krank in Leeds

Browns lock stock and barrel

Shooters world

Out of them all I'd say browns lock stock has the best customer service he even took me above the shop to show me all what he had shot on safari. Henry cranks is good for cheap privi ammo but not much else still nice people thow. Shooters world is good too cheap .17hmr ammo a few guns in but not many good customer service too. Euroguns most of the staff are nice there is one bloke I don't like in the shotgun bit a tall old guy always wears green body warmer and has a moustache he offered me £400 for my mint beretta al390 gold mallard went back the next day saw Nigel who I mainly deal with and he offered me £690 I was like *** that's a bit better the silly old fool before I could of spat in his eye.

i would love to support my local gunshops but hell i will .....monks of chester went in 28 years ago slapped 500 on the counter for my first shotgun and he basically ignored me so never been back since :no::no:

north wales shooting school ever since jackie stewart became friends with them the prices and service for the everyday lads gone out the window only interested in the clay poppers now :no::no:

chester gun company were spot on lads martin foxton was a cracking lad and sadly they closed ? foxton was a brill gunsmith too :yes::yes:

so now there isn't a local one worth having so i am jealous of you lucky blokes

Actually we do charge £25. As we are only a small shop we can't buy in such big quantities. However we are flexible on prices and will do great deals on anything.

Wow, that is what you call good service :yes:

Only took 17months to reply :blink:

Your not from wigan by any chance are you???

Chichester will charge top wack for guns, old and new.

They are also very tight and never budge on prices.

Dont stock much veriety of ammo either :no:

You would do well to get a better gunshop than Malmo Guns, near Lancaster. Prices are excellent, they have more guns than you can point a stick at, with good trade-in prices. They don't start going over the gun trying to find imaginary faults, nor tell you whatever gun you have is not very popular. They just give you a good price. You don't feel like you have just been mugged.

Good parking and very friendly, helpful staff.

They are also the most honest gun shop I have ever come across. I bought one of my current Berettas there. I didn't know that it included a spares kit - I would have bought it anyway. It arrived in the post a week later with an apology. I am a cynic, but I was genuinely shocked. Well done to them.

You can just browse, but we warned - you usually end up buying something. Hard to resist.

Edited by Gordon R

None in the South Bucks

A small mention for Rob at Sheephouse is in order for getting my ASE mod at a sensible price (he is in Berks)

My nearest 'gun shop' quoted me about £100 more than trade to move it from Jackson Rifles to their shop, and then had the brass neck to tell me they weren't charging me for the shipping :no:

And people wonder why I use Just Cartridges for my shells