Whats new ?

Anyone seen anything new out there ?

Something that every decoyer just has to have.

I must say that I could be interested in a "Pecker" or two.

All I have to do is try to work out the price.

I don,t know who lays out Magnets adverts, but they are not very good at their job.

What the heck is a "Glider"?

This isn,t the old "slide the decoy down the string when you see a pigeon coming" trick, is it ?

If so, that was proved almost useless 25 years ago !!

Come on, what have you seen or fancied.

Saw one of these peckers a few months ago I was out with the keeper where I go beating (always helps to stay in his good books and they always appreciate a bit of help) anyway he had a couple of guys on the pigeons so we went to say hello. They were using the pecker in conjuction with decoys and a whirlygig. It is quite realistic really. It kind of rocks forwards and bobs a little. I guess it jst adds a little movement to a pattern :crazy:  But probably still not very cheap. I probably couldnt justify buying one as I cant with a whirlygig either. Any ideas how to make one would be nice. :evil:

• 1 month later...

I considered buying one or even two, but I came to the same conclusion.

Most of my shooting is done over rape in leaf, grassland or laid wheat, I,m not sure you would see a "Pecker" in those circumstances.

I also understand that wheat or rape stubble can prevent them operating properly.

It would be nice if someone that had one could comment.

Have any of you heard of the Mojo Duck?  It is simply a plastic duck decoy with an electric motor in which you attach wings (plastic cardboard).  The wings simply spin creating a flash. They now make a Mojo Dove.  Its wings have white on one side and gray on the other.  They run off of a 6-volt battery that lies beneath the decoy.  I strung a wire out to the decoy that I feed back to the blind, or hide for you folks, and then added a toggle switch.  When I see birds, as far as 400-500 yards away, I switch the decoy on until I see them turn and zero in on it.  Then I turn it on and off to represent feeding birds (over here they fly three or four feet, sit down and feed and then repeat the process).  Absolutely deadly.  There is little doubt that I could kill as many birds with this Mojo and three decoys as a guy with three dozen decoys.  I suspect you guys already have something of this sort!?