Pigeon rotors

NGhost

only managed to get one price today,which was 29 quid plus vat for a 12ah which seemed a bit steep,still waiting for a couple of other wholesalers to phone back.I only seem to use the smaller 1&1.2ah batterys for most alarms there still quite handy for headlamps for night fishing and not falling over when out lamping.

Malc.

I did as you suggested and asked my next door neighbour to get me some batteries and he came back with an emergency lighting box (the type that lights up 2 spotlights) when the power goes off. this is complete with its own charger However there are 2 x 6 volt batteries inside coupled in series

I wonder if these will so the job as well as a 12 volt battery

Anyone got any spare wiper motors ??

Cranfield, I have loads of Yuasa batteries, all given to me freely by a friendly alarm engineer. As I cannot use them all, and I am moving house shortly, I have packed them in a box, but as I remember, they are all 12v and range from 2.8ah, 7ah to 10ah. The engineer showed me an electrical trade suppliers catalogue which priced the 10ah batteries at about £25 + vat.

I don,t think it does, but I do like to introduce variety to my layout.

I have already mentioned that I will totally change a layout if things go quiet.

I just thought that different speeds might be another "change", I could try.

I do like my N&S Floaters.They have become the most important part of my spread.

Being made of fibreglass, they are light to carry and move very realistically, in the slightest breeze, but are stable in the wind.

I have used a pair of 4ft pinewood flappers for many years. I used them religously until I got the rotor. However, I have started using them again but much further out from the rotor and decs.

There are so many variables it's hard to say what does work and what doesn't. One good gadget is the Vale lander. It places a dead bird in the prone landing position about 1ft off the ground. I use it all the time as it presents a nice picture to any interested woodies.

I will be interested in your progress with the speed controller.

• 4 weeks later...

Peter, without getting it of my kit bag, about 4'.  This was the first thing I noticed when I switched from the Vale rotor. Although the arms are the same length, the VAle uses additional 'barley' arms that boost the arm length by 18" where as the Pinewood connects directly to the motor head.

At the end of the day, It doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect.