DAY TIME DRINKING

death from below

Does anyone partake. I am off today(had a scalp operation) and have taken the opportunity to engage myself in useful employment(you ask yourself what is he doing - gardening - DIY - shopping - housework). I have been hitting the bottles of Becks and co and I'm feeling a bit merry if the truth be told. Due to work, I never really drink during the day(except the odd BBQ in the summer etc). It's a bit weird being tipsy at this time of day. I'm not going to make a habit of it(drunk at work equals the sack) but for now I shall finish typing this and pop off to the fridge for another.

I can see how the great unwashed and dole wallers get used to it(will be one for a couple of hours but wiouldn't want to do it day in day out).

ps, tried to put a smiley drinking but nothing happening - is this site ******** at the moment or what

Excellent! I wish I could join you but they tend to frown upon that sort of behaviour at my work... Day time drinking is a must for the weekends though, but NEVER before noon.

Ms. Yani i was always told that a person who sets his or her watch to a certain hour before they can abibe has a problem with alcohol :oops: That is just what i heard, so yes, you go get yourself a big ole pint of your favorite suds, and remember that Lee says its okay :oops: BTW, my boss frowns on the whole being 'tits up drunk at work too!' :yahoo: Stopped by my favorite haunt last night called 'Beer run' the store sells over 450 different beers from around the globe, ale, lambics, Weitzen, dobble bocks, etc.. With 45 Beers on tap at any given time.. Not the typical American **** y'all hear about.. There is an American brewer ,'Beer Geek' that makes a breakfast beer-Seriously :oops:

I don't - waste of a day :oops:

Don't drink a lot at all these days to be honest, I know too many alcoholics.

That includes two blokes that I used to shoot clays with, both very keen once. Now it interferes with their drinking time, or they can only afford beer, not shooting, so they sit in the pub 7 days a week staring into the bottom of a rapidly emptying glass - outstanding day out :oops:

I used to be married to an alcy as well :oops: . Kind of gives you a different slant on it.

Edited by Chard

I don't - waste of a day :oops:

Don't drink a lot at all these days to be honest, I know too many alcoholics.

That includes two blokes that I used to shoot clays with, both very keen once. Now it interferes with their drinking time, or they can only afford beer, not shooting, so they sit in the pub 7 days a week staring into the bottom of a rapidly emptying glass - outstanding day out :yahoo:

I used to be married to an alcy as well :oops: . Kind of gives you a different slant on it.

The seven day drinking plan isnt what i would call a good thing, but there are times when day time drinking does work? i.e. Pig roasts, floating the James, etc.. but NEVER while using a gun.. But using power tools is okay :oops:

:yahoo::sick::ernyha::drinks::drinks::drinks::oops::oops::oops:

Still chillin'. Highly theraputic to break the usual mould and do something different - I have no intention of making this a 7 day thing(Take on board the expreriences of others though as i have also been privy to the lifestyle of alcohloics in my own family - a beloved aunt who drunk herself to death). Just for the monent I shall keep enjoying the beers and the delights of sky day time TV.

Edited by death from below

Its all well and good until the postman arrives and wants a signature - can get a little embarrasing....

I used to work nights and to get myself off to sleep in the morning I would (occaisionally) partake in a can of special brew (strong larger for those who dont know) sad as it may sound it certainly achieved the goal - had a few strange looks from milkmen and the posty when I answered the door with said beverage in hand looking rather tired......

Fill ya boots mate a little of what you fancy does ya good. Look at Amy Winehouse......

Amen brother - I used to do shifts a few years ago - I used to get strange looks at 9 in the morning when I was stood there on the tube in Londonp ****** up after doing a 12 hour night duty and going to the early house at 7 in the morning(doesn't take much to get you drunk after that - early house for thos that don't know is a pub that opens at 6 in the morning - we're talking a fw years ago when the licensing laws weren't as relaxed as today - pub full of shift workers ie postmen, prostitutes and coppers)

Amen brother - I used to do shifts a few years ago - I used to get strange looks at 9 in the morning when I was stood there on the tube in Londonp ****** up after doing a 12 hour night duty and going to the early house at 7 in the morning(doesn't take much to get you drunk after that - early house for thos that don't know is a pub that opens at 6 in the morning - we're talking a fw years ago when the licensing laws weren't as relaxed as today - pub full of shift workers ie postmen, prostitutes and coppers)

Oh those were the days!

P.

I very rarely drink during the day and almost never if i've got work the next day(didn't used to be this way quite the opposite, but older and wiser as they say) Off work at the moment due to having had a knee op. Sun came out the other day so I had the idea of having myself a barbeque and sinking some cold ones. Went to Tesco bought a barbeque, food and a ****load of beer. Got home and it started raining :oops:

Day time drinking is all well and good until the 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. tiredness and then hangover set in.

Really screws up the evening.

If you try and sleep it off you are into self administered jet lag - get a few hours in the afternoon, then don't get to sleep at night until say 2 a.m then when it's time to get up for work you are ###.

Day drinking only works for the unwashed because time to them is an abstract concept - bed time, getting up time and work start time are all relative :oops:

I like a "daytime" drink now and then, if you plan on going out on the night the answer is simple STAY out! often go with the lads on a 3 or 4 day "session" I usually end up mortal first night then I am ok for the rest, others take it in turn to get poleaxed, cant beat it ! it really lets you "unwind"

KW

I love it,the pubs generallY nice and quiet.I normally sneak of a little early on Friday ( bout 2 oclock)and drink all day till about 7 Oclock at night.The wife comes home,realises that im probably enjoying myself too much and comes and puts a stop to it by picking me up.( b there till 9 otherwise)

Dont like the night time drinking in our town,the main drinking streets like Beirut on a weekend evening...with out the nice weather!

RH

I wish I hadnt read this. :oops:

Mrs LV and I are trying not to drink on "weekdays". We have our last weekend drink on a Sunday night and try to get past Thursday - the last few weeks Thursday night has been the start of our "weekend" :oops:

Uncanny.

It just so happens I have just arrived home via "Annoyed Wife Taxis" following the coincidental arrival in my office today of a Whitehall chum and a Foreign Office friend who was fresh (!) from a flight from Lagos, and who fancied a cheeky half on his way home for a spot of leave.

A boozy lunch was compounded by the fact that the Tesco in Huntingdon was selling the NECTAR that is Paulaner Heffe Weissbier (dont bother Wookie, I bought them out :oops: ). I am quite tipsy now.

ZB

I meet up with mates twice a year and have a relaxed daytime/evening drink up.

We start at lunchtime with a meal and generally keep going until 2 or 3am.

Over that length of time you pace yourself and drink far more sensibly, rather than slamming them down your neck like you do it you go out at say 9pm or later.

I think the secret to enjoyable lunchtime drinking is to avoid the hard stuff, summer ales are made for this :good: