DOLLSEYES

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and have been enjoying reading the subjects and found them very usefull.I live in the North West and have a shoot on a farm.

I shoot mainly Rabbit, Wood Pigeon and general vermin.

My list of guns are:-

Theoben Rapid 7

Webley Axsor

Gunpower Stealth

Anshutz .410 b/a

Marrochi o/u 12g

Arramberri sxs 12g

and i have just purchased a Adams & co sidelock underlever sxs 12g with a quantity of old paper cartridges approx 230 still in boxes of 25.

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and have been enjoying reading the subjects and found them very usefull.I live in the North West and have a shoot on a farm.

I shoot mainly Rabbit, Wood Pigeon and general vermin.

My list of guns are:-

Theoben Rapid 7

Webley Axsor

Gunpower Stealth

Anshutz .410 b/a

Marrochi o/u 12g

Arramberri sxs 12g

and i have just purchased a Adams & co sidelock underlever sxs 12g with a quantity of old paper cartridges approx 230 still in boxes of 25.

You'd probably be best selling the cartridges to a collector rather than firing them, keep em in the boxes and you'll probably get enough to buy a couple of thousand new cartridges by selling the old uns.

Welcome to the forum.

Name Adams & Co

Other Names Perkes, Adams & Co

Address 1 9 Finsbury Place South

Address 2 32 Finsbury Pavement

Address 3 15 Swallow Street

Address 4 22 Denmark Street, Soho

Address 5

Address 6

Address 7

City/Town London

County

State/Region/Province

Country United Kingdom

Trade Gunmakers

Other Address

Dates 1870-1899

Notes

The firm was established in 1870 and occupied offices at 9, Finsbury Place South, London, until 1880.

From 1881 to 1894 they had offices and showrooms at 32 Finsbury Pavement.

In 1895 they amalgamated with Thomas Perkes and moved to his address at 15 Swallow Street. The amalgamation did not last and the two firms split up in 1898 when Thomas Perkes was declared bankrupt. Adams & Co moved to trade at 22 Denmark Street, Soho. Charles E Andrews, who had been employed by Adams & Co for 13 years, bought Thomas Perkes' business and continued it under his own name at 15 Swallow Street.

Adams & Co dealt in muzzle and breech loading military and sporting guns which they sold wholesale. They were prolific "manufacturers" and buyers of arms made both in Birmingham and on the continent. They sold Martini-Zeller rook and rabbit rifles. The firm's trade mark from about 1881 was the letter "A" in a shield with the word "Reliance" above; Reliance was the name of a model of shotgun, and perhaps other guns.

The firm was not recorded after 1899.

bit of info about your Adams n co

WB