first gun

newbieshooter

cna anyone recomend a gun and place yu can buy it from? I would like a 12 bore. It can be o/u or s/s. It can be new or 2nd hand. It should be under £220 but can be an extra 10 or 20 pounds. It should be in reasonable condition and suitable for most things. Mainly pigeon, magpie, rooks etc. but with a bit of game sometimes.

Newbieshooter,

Welcome to the forum - my advice would be to save up for a bit longer as your budget of under £250 is not really enough to get a decent piece.

Borrow a gun off a friend until you have saved at least another £100, it will pay you in the long run. Forget about shooting Game because you won't be able to afford it.

It also helps if you give a bit more info about where you live in your profile - somebody may have something to offer you, but if you live in the Orkney Isles, you may have a problem.

cna anyone recomend a gun and place yu can buy it from? I would like a 12 bore. It can be o/u or s/s. It can be new or 2nd hand. It should be under £220 but can be an extra 10 or 20 pounds. It should be in reasonable condition and suitable for most things. Mainly pigeon, magpie, rooks etc. but with a bit of game sometimes.

Hi there are you in the UK?

if so are you Midlands , north , or south ?

as Double H says stick more info in your profile

PS Welcome to the site!

WB

Would have to agree with Jordan, For the money you cant beat a baikal,

I have been shooting for 25 years and have never seen a baikal shotgun malfunction or heard an owner complain. Was thinking about a IZH 27 EM a while ago, but would like a look at one close to home, Anyone know who the importers are?

PS as long as the shot is in the right spot it doesnt matter what name is on the gun.

Edited by davhope

have a look at lincoln no 2 game 28" barrels 3" mag good all round gun

if u have a misfire on first shot u can still take the second shot.

had 1 for years shot nearly every species with it.

all down to what feels right for u & conferdence. :lol:

how does this sound?

Make : AYA

Model : Yeoman non ejector

Type : Shotgun

Mechanism : Side by side

Calibre : 12 gauge

Barrel Length : 28"

Stock Length : 141/2"

Price : £140 (S/H) @ US$266

Serial Number : 493212

Stock number : 050409/009

Description : Good clean yeoman non ejector, ideal hard wearing pest control gun

• 2 weeks later...

I would try to find an O/U rather than a SBS. better pointability and more vesitile. have alook around there are some good ones around baikal ,lamber, silma, rizzini dont rush get it right take your time find a nice fitting gun. Greenfields of Sailsbury. Litts at pangbourne. Francis Lovell at Witney or Adenbourne Field sports witney. buy sporting gun magazine, there is a shop front in the back some bargins about run em buy the members on here they will be glad to help you try and get it right.