1st day on river with fly this year..

vole

Scott from work is just starting river fishing so I took him on the Goyt outside Stockport.I got a 2 Brown Trout and a good Grayling. We went to a spot where I pointed out where I got a brownie of 4lb or so 2 years ago. He pointed out a rise he saw near the spot so I drifted my size 16 Klinkhamer over it and hooked into a decent fish. As it got closer I saw it was a bit special as in a biggie. Just as I said " I dont think it has woken up yet" It emptied my reel of 3# DT down to the backing. Eventually landed it into the net. Handed Scott my camera and as I dont like to piddle about with such fish I did not take it to the bank and guess what? One big wriggle and it was back in the river. Still,it swam off strongly as I did bully it a bit on 6lb tippet. I would have been upset to have dropped it on the bank but it would have been my 1st decent pic of one of the big brownies I have had from the Goyt. That one was the Daddy though. Chuffed to bits and dont even mind being called a fibber...very much :good:

It had to bend nearly double to get in my net which was the small trout size type on a lanyard. 22in to 24 in as I look at a tape measure. Big head,lean but not skinny in the body. I wish I could USB link my brain to the pc because it is etched on my mind.Maybe better that way.You realise I am posting this because I never get big bags when out shooting :no: