Mechanical flappers

I have just come off the phone, to the person Kevin suggested!.........I am waiting for some info & a price list to come through...........the bloke certainly knows what he's talking about, & from what he's said, the prices on all sorts of decoying equitment, & decoys are very good. As soon as I hear more, I'll let you all know!

I've had through some sample decoys & a electrical flapper. I haven't tested the flapper yet, & will give an opinion when I have.........but.......it looks the business! The decoys are superb, by far the best I've seen. I will post up some pictures & a price list very soon!

• 3 weeks later...
flightline, they work better with a real pigeon.

Ithink that price is just below, or about the going rate, for electronic flappers.

Hi Cranfield ,thanks for you attention , maybe you are right and I should get a battery power operated flapper but I could not find out what kind of battery is shown on the picture .

Is it the same big thing use on the " pigeon magnet "stuff ?Anyway if I find one ,I would be interested in a "manual "flapper" also.

Also let me know your opinionn about how many flappers would be right among, ,say 20 shell decoys ....

Thanks

Hi Fabio welcome, to our first Brazillian Member :crazy:  :D .

I well remember the mechanical flappers, operated by nylon fishing line, I had two myself.

Mine were made by a friend with a soldering iron and fell apart some years ago.

They must have been available commercially as he must have copied something, but I don,t remember any more details.

Does anyone know if these flappers are still available, if so, from where ?

The batteries used by the electric flappers are usually AA (HP7).

I will make some more enquiries.

Regarding flappers in a decoy layout.

I used to use one, as I had to pull a  cord to make it flap.

Operating two would have  been difficult, also I use to make the bird flap, just once or twice, to attract the eye of a passing pigeon.

I certainly wouldn,t suggest you have it flapping all the time.

I intend to just use one electric flapper.

Hopefully, we will have some more information for you from the other Members, as well.   :D

Cranfield,the manually operated flappers you are talking about are available from pinewood.I have one myself but since i have bought a battery operated one i dont think the pinewood one will be used again.I remember seeing an article in sporting gun by peter theobald with a telephone number for a chap who makes manually operated flappers etc and they seemed reasonably priced,i will try to dig the details out and post them up.

Regards sean. :crazy: