Another work/ employment question

wingnut

Can any one tell me if my employer can force me to take holidays when i do not want to take them?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Emp...ays/DG_10034711

"

If your employer wants you to take holiday

Your employer can decide when some or all of your holidays must be taken. For instance, they may require you to take some of your holiday to cover the bank holidays, or may require the whole company to take holiday during a Christmas shutdown.

This may be in your contract of employment, or it may be normal practice built up over time. An employer has to give the same amount of notice as you do.

"

needs to update the contracts!

Indeed, statutory entitlement is now largely 28 days for someone working "full time". Most will be less than 28 days but not include bank holidays which are assumed as not being worked...

Yes, they can tell you when to take holidays. Many factories close for a mandatory holiday, no-one gets to choose when. Soon you'll be entitled to 20 days + bank holidays, not 20 days minimum inc bank hols.

I have a mandatory closure in my company for the 3 or 4 days between Xmas and New Year. It is mandatory but comes out of the annual holiday allowance.

THAT MUST BE ONE C**P COMPANY TO WORK FOR