What's Your Favourite Guitar Solo?

Markio

So we've had 'what's your favourite song' thread etc but for the benefit of everyone that has taste what is your all time favourite guitar solo/track?

For me it's Jimi Hendrix/StoneFree/Royal Albert Hall. No nonsense, listen to him kick off at 2:24 here: (the drum solo has been edited). This track has blown me away since i heard it 15+ years ago. Chuffin' marvellous. :yes:

Edited by Markio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you need to work harder than that, less than 1 minute of the least impressive Gun's and Roses track ever isn't going to cut it on this thread. **** off. At least pick something from Appetite... :bye2:

Next?

yeah, but its slash so all's forgiven :good:

so does metallica one count then?? :yes:

So we've had 'what's your favourite song' thread etc but for the benefit of everyone that has taste what is your all time favourite guitar solo/track?

For me it's Jimi Hendrix/StoneFree/Royal Albert Hall. No nonsense, listen to him kick off at 2:24 here: (the drum solo has been edited). This track has blown me away since i heard it 15+ years ago. Chuffin' marvellous. :yes:

Depends on the criteria for "best" :bye2:

There are plenty of really long rambly "guitar *******" type solos, and there are really well thought out and tight "fit the tune" type solo's. It would be too easy to get carried away with the "hendrix did a 3hr solo, setting himself and the rest of the band on fire whist drinking snake ****" type solo's with didn't really do a lot for the songs that spawned them.

For pure aesthetics, feeling and originality I'd have to say Clapton, Layla.

sorry kid **** :yes:

I know what your saying... Drawing a blank i am, BUT i think some of the best solo's are the blues greats? Muddy Waters, B.B. KIng, who i am listening to now, Buddy Guy, Steve ray Vaughan...

None the less check this **** out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ySE1UsTuQ...feature=related

Edited by LeeinVA

Depends on the criteria for "best" :yes:

There are plenty of really long rambly "guitar *******" type solos, and there are really well thought out and tight "fit the tune" type solo's. It would be too easy to get carried away with the "hendrix did a 3hr solo, setting himself and the rest of the band on fire whist drinking snake ****" type solo's with didn't really do a lot for the songs that spawned them.

For pure aesthetics, feeling and originality I'd have to say Clapton, Layla.

What the hell? Welcome back old bean but i never said 'best', just favourite. Sounds like you';ve been promoted to manager or even director? :bye2:

If we're going to generalise then Hendrix did many rambling nonsense i agree, but also turned out some master strokes. But i admire your ability to pick a well rehearsed studio track. :good:

I know what your saying... Drawing a blank i am, BUT i think some of the best solo's are the blues greats? Muddy Waters, B.B. KIng, who i am listening to now, Buddy Guy, Steve ray Vaughan...

None the less check this **** out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ySE1UsTuQ...feature=related

Redemption. Cream/Crossroads........... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :yes:

What the hell? Welcome back old bean but i never said 'best', just favourite. Sounds like you';ve been promoted to manager or even director? :yes:

If we're going to generalise then Hendrix did many rambling nonsense i agree, but also turned out some master strokes. But i admire your ability to pick a well rehearsed studio track. :bye2:

:oops: I've not lost any ability to offend or provoke reaction in my lay-off then :good:

Joining in, I'd say you'd be hard pressed to beat one of the all time greats, Sir David Gilmour performing comfortably numb by the Floyd, as in