What's Your Favourite Guitar Solo?

Markio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we've had 'what's your favourite song' thread etc but for the benefit of everyone that has taste what is your all time favourite guitar solo/track?

For me it's Jimi Hendrix/StoneFree/Royal Albert Hall. No nonsense, listen to him kick off at 2:24 here: (the drum solo has been edited). This track has blown me away since i heard it 15+ years ago. Chuffin' marvellous. :yes:

Jimmy Page, stairway to heaven

Hendrix, All Along the Watchtower, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCwCBh0z3Hs

Kirk Hammet, One, Master of Puppets, The thing that shouldn't be, Battery etc, but check http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-hrKaWqmAt...rk_hammet_solo/

Slash gets a mention for Nightrain, Paradise city and others, but he's basically a session musician with no writing credits so a performer not an artist :bye2:

Doesn't get better than that :good:

ooo what a thread...

some solo's which have impressed me over ther years are as follows:

free bird-skynrd

reeling in the years-steely dan

all along the watch tower - hendrix(the opening melodie is just awsome)

echoes -pink floyd (the middle breakdown part,just stonking loud with a mountain of reverb)

one- metallica ( oh yes babby)

anything by bill frizzel,leo kottke etc etc etc ..

my god i could go on for a while...

favourite player is gilmour....

ooo what a thread...

some solo's which have impressed me over ther years are as follows:

free bird-skynrd

reeling in the years-steely dan

all along the watch tower - hendrix(the opening melodie is just awsome)

echoes -pink floyd (the middle breakdown part,just stonking loud with a mountain of reverb)

one- metallica ( oh yes babby)

anything by bill frizzel,leo kottke etc etc etc ..

my god i could go on for a while...

favourite player is gilmour....

A man in the know, well, at least someone who agrees with me largely"

I've a special place in my heart for echos, I can't really go into why but it was life changing :yes:

Jimmy Page, stairway to heaven

Hendrix, All Along the Watchtower, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCwCBh0z3Hs

Kirk Hammet, One, Master of Puppets, The thing that shouldn't be, Battery etc, but check http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-hrKaWqmAt...rk_hammet_solo/

Slash gets a mention for Nightrain, Paradise city and others, but he's basically a session musician with no writing credits so a performer not an artist :good:

Doesn't get better than that :good:

You got it right, then so wrong. Kirk Hamlet widdly widdly solo? Oh dear, its like the Joe Statrininananana nonsense earlier. All wrong, that's just show boating. It's a subtle line.

You got it right, then so wrong. Kirk Hamlet widdly widdly solo? Oh dear, its like the Joe Statrininananana nonsense earlier. All wrong, that's just show boating. It's a subtle line.

I thought I'd put one in that followed the wanky pretext :good: What that is more to do with is availability of quality live video's on ewutoob of the man doing great things, perhaps a bad choice of links for a talented man...

I think the point is that there are numerous talented individuals who've done great things, ignoring being able to prove it with ewutoob :good:

Except Nuno Bettencourt, who's a total **** faced nobend and has done nothing to make it any better :cry1:

these days i love to play this kind of stuff...

not everyones cuppa tea, but if you play im sure youll apreciate the style at least... i love it...

re edited, firt link was'nt a good example of the peice really.. any players can pick this peice up from this link, its technically a good example for learning it...

Edited by myzeneye