Sign in to follow this  
Markio

What's Your Favourite Guitar Solo?

bloody hell you lot over there are 30 years behind anyway.are the bay city rollers still no 1 there :yes:

nope, but theres not many solos in my favourite songs :bye2:

bloody hell you lot over there are 30 years behind anyway.are the bay city rollers still no 1 there :good:

The US is just now starting to hear of them :bye2: Brilliant band :yes:

So we've had 'what's your favourite song' thread etc but for the benefit of everyone that has taste what is your all time favourite guitar solo/track?

For me it's Jimi Hendrix/StoneFree/Royal Albert Hall. No nonsense, listen to him kick off at 2:24 here: (the drum solo has been edited). This track has blown me away since i heard it 15+ years ago. Chuffin' marvellous. :yes:

Jimmy Page, stairway to heaven

Hendrix, All Along the Watchtower, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCwCBh0z3Hs

Kirk Hammet, One, Master of Puppets, The thing that shouldn't be, Battery etc, but check http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-hrKaWqmAt...rk_hammet_solo/

Slash gets a mention for Nightrain, Paradise city and others, but he's basically a session musician with no writing credits so a performer not an artist :bye2:

Doesn't get better than that :good:

ooo what a thread...

some solo's which have impressed me over ther years are as follows:

free bird-skynrd

reeling in the years-steely dan

all along the watch tower - hendrix(the opening melodie is just awsome)

echoes -pink floyd (the middle breakdown part,just stonking loud with a mountain of reverb)

one- metallica ( oh yes babby)

anything by bill frizzel,leo kottke etc etc etc ..

my god i could go on for a while...

favourite player is gilmour....

ooo what a thread...

some solo's which have impressed me over ther years are as follows:

free bird-skynrd

reeling in the years-steely dan

all along the watch tower - hendrix(the opening melodie is just awsome)

echoes -pink floyd (the middle breakdown part,just stonking loud with a mountain of reverb)

one- metallica ( oh yes babby)

anything by bill frizzel,leo kottke etc etc etc ..

my god i could go on for a while...

favourite player is gilmour....

A man in the know, well, at least someone who agrees with me largely"

I've a special place in my heart for echos, I can't really go into why but it was life changing :yes:

pin..im glad it has a special meaning for you mate, whatever the reason...its a soaring anthem which is dear to me too.

oo i forgot to mention anything by jimmy page, zeppelin....

Edited by myzeneye

Jimmy Page, stairway to heaven

Hendrix, All Along the Watchtower, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCwCBh0z3Hs

Kirk Hammet, One, Master of Puppets, The thing that shouldn't be, Battery etc, but check http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-hrKaWqmAt...rk_hammet_solo/

Slash gets a mention for Nightrain, Paradise city and others, but he's basically a session musician with no writing credits so a performer not an artist :good:

Doesn't get better than that :good:

You got it right, then so wrong. Kirk Hamlet widdly widdly solo? Oh dear, its like the Joe Statrininananana nonsense earlier. All wrong, that's just show boating. It's a subtle line.

:cry1:???????????????????????

But this is your anthem matey :good:

I know it Mr. John.. You must be ****** up to enjoy it :good:

You got it right, then so wrong. Kirk Hamlet widdly widdly solo? Oh dear, its like the Joe Statrininananana nonsense earlier. All wrong, that's just show boating. It's a subtle line.

I thought I'd put one in that followed the wanky pretext :good: What that is more to do with is availability of quality live video's on ewutoob of the man doing great things, perhaps a bad choice of links for a talented man...

I think the point is that there are numerous talented individuals who've done great things, ignoring being able to prove it with ewutoob :good:

Except Nuno Bettencourt, who's a total **** faced nobend and has done nothing to make it any better :cry1:

these days i love to play this kind of stuff...

not everyones cuppa tea, but if you play im sure youll apreciate the style at least... i love it...

re edited, firt link was'nt a good example of the peice really.. any players can pick this peice up from this link, its technically a good example for learning it...

Edited by myzeneye