What's Your Favourite Guitar Solo?

Markio

Hmmmmmm

Although I do like kirk hammets solo in (one)

I rekon the best soloer has to be jeff waters from annihilator.

The lad can play the bango for sure.

Voted third best metal guitarist in Joel mcivers book ,100 greatest metal guitarist,s

The solo in bloodbath is a particular fave of mine

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many great guitar players out there I prefer the classic rock genre,

even then theres different types, I go for substance over blind speed & aggression, Gary Moor is great but his rock stuff lacks "feel", Van Hallen is talented but like a lot of the flash American axe men is far to widly widly,

For me David Cover dale put it best, you should be able to whistle or hum most of a great guitar solo, that way its more melodic & there fore memorable,

so for me its guitar players like blackmore, marsden & even tod rungren & simillar melodic soloists,...... which is strange because on the whole I like the more kick *** aggresive rock songs

kennym

Telegraph road

Cracking tune and their longest, but not MK's or Straits' finest. What about Brothers in Arms :D .

ok what about gary moore and parisian walkways as nobody has mentioned him . :oops::lol::lol:

ps cant do the link thingy :good:

Now you're getting there TB, P.W is good, but this is better Gary Moore - Loner (Live 1987) or

One of my favourites -

Not a full blown solo but it does it for me.

What about Metallica - Enter the Sandman

To be honest there are so many "Great" Guitarist's, Clapton, Harrison, May, Knofler, Moore, Santana, Powell (Wishbone Ash), Gilmour (Shine on you crazy diamond), Weller, but also depends on what genre of rock you refer to. Its so hard to chose one, but one I'd definitely not put in the list IMHO is Hendrix, what an abomination on all fronts. :D

SS

Joining in, I'd say you'd be hard pressed to beat one of the all time greats, Sir David Gilmour performing comfortably numb by the Floyd, as in

absolutley agree...but also add coming back to life, and Mark knoflers performance in brothers in arms or local hero.....

also matt bellamy in plug in baby's intro.....

The guitar solo by John Frusciante in Scar Tissue (Red Hot Chili Peppers) is Beautiful!!

ooohhh...thats a good'un....also "can't stop"....or "readymade"...or "don't forget me".....they're all good!

Edited by gixer1

Can I say anything my son plays? :hmm:

If you like bass, this boy can play a bit :)

good player but needs to work on his timing a little... aahem,unless its a latency issue..... any bass player will crucify another for this..hahah...

Ry Cooder (sorry for the Italian I can`t be bothered to find the english version)

Son House no electric guitar for this guy ! Check out Death letter too!

Lord have mercy, this boy can play !!

fair do's henry, good effort mate..

Not a guitar solo as such, but i do like the Jon Lord/Ritchie Blackmore jams on old Deep Purple live albums where they'd go off at various tangents - Mix it in with Ian Paice's drumming and it get me bumps all goosey. What that man could do with his organ......Ooer missus!!