Markio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to second that, for one who has the T-shirt, & an all time proven great,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wtiNzci1Wc...feature=related

BJ

Shine On You Crazy Diamond has to be one of my favourite tracks of all time. Not all solos have to played at a million miles an hours. :lol: Always one that gets turned up to 11 on the car stereo. :lol:

And for those solos that do need to be played at a million miles an hour check this one:

Extreme - Play With Me

Lynard Skynards - Sweet Home Alabama has to be mentioned for being so damned hard to play!

Not my favourite AC/DC solo but definitely one of the best to play even though its so simple is Shoot To Thrill. Every time I strum this beauty out I feel like Angus playing live at Donnington, don't ask me why, I just don't know.!

• 2 months later...
Ry Cooder (sorry for the Italian I can`t be bothered to find the english version)

Son House no electric guitar for this guy ! Check out Death letter too!

Lord have mercy, this boy can play !!

Thanks for those links Henry :lol:

I'd forgotten how much I like Ry Cooder and I'd never bothered to listen to Seasick Steve :good: (must rectify that)

The Ry Cooder tune reminds me of the film Southern Comfort, he did the soundtrack to that :good:

Thanks for those links Henry :lol:

I'd forgotten how much I like Ry Cooder and I'd never bothered to listen to Seasick Steve :good: (must rectify that)

The Ry Cooder tune reminds me of the film Southern Comfort, he did the soundtrack to that :good:

No worries Chard, look out "Music by Ry Cooder" and check out all the soundtracks he wrote and played !

"Paris Texas" is a clasic.

I've just put a bid on this album on Ebay (because I'm a cheapskate) :lol::lol::lol:

Looks like good value if I get it for £2 :no:

Get Spotify program and listen on-line, all legal. Won't have to pay a bean then (from a fellow cheapskate). It's what i'm doing now, there's 14 Ry Cooder albums on there plus all the 'appearances' on other albums.

Get Spotify program and listen on-line, all legal. Won't have to pay a bean then (from a fellow cheapskate). It's what i'm doing now, there's 14 Ry Cooder albums on there plus all the 'appearances' on other albums.

I'll have a look at that :lol:

That lass of yours is going to be a heartbreaker when she gets older. You'll be following her down to the disco with a pick-axe handle under your coat to ward off the oiks :lol::lol: ^_^

Glad I've got lads (I think) :lol::no:

Very early Ry cooder,BBKing, Muddy Waters, Gary Moore, Brian May, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, but heavens above NOT LAYLA, try early tracks like cocaine,or him doing anything with cream, and last but best of all JEFF BECK but not that rubbish Hi ho silver lining . I think he even embarrassed himself doing that. :no: Sorry i can't do the U tube links 'cause i'm fick.

Very early Ry cooder,BBKing, Muddy Waters, Gary Moore, Brian May, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, but heavens above NOT LAYLA, try early tracks like cocaine,or him doing anything with cream, and last but best of all JEFF BECK but not that rubbish Hi ho silver lining . I think he even embarrassed himself doing that. :lol: Sorry i can't do the U tube links 'cause i'm fick.

Some good stuff there, Aunty :lol:

I have to agree about Hi Ho Silver Lining :lol: He must have been drunk :no:

• 3 weeks later...