Problems

neil

Went clay shooting thismorning,got on the first stand and my silver pigeon will fire only one shot (the trigger doesnt seem to set itself for the second barrel)but if you keep pulling it over and over it may or may not go off,i had my suspicions last time but it was freezing cold then and i just put it down to me not releasing the trigger properly with cold fingers.I flicked the barrel selector over to fire top barrel first and it worked fine for the remaning fourty birds.I will be on the phone in the morning and if i get chance will take it back to the gunsmiths tomorrow for them to have a look :crazy:  :D

Having recently bought a Beretta Silver Pigeon, I don,t want to hear things like this. :D

neil, I had a similar problem with my Lanber and it turned out to be the selector mechanism that was faulty.

10 minutes with the gunsmith fixed it.

Hopefully, yours is as easily fixed. :crazy:

I have heard that Beretta have a good after sales service, on repairs ,faults etc.

I,m not sure if thats a good or bad reputation to have.   :D

Ah ha, the Beretta inertia block change over problem... :crazy:

I've Beretta 682 Gold E which does exactly the same thing, about every 30th shell it won't flick over from barrel 1 to barrel 2. It will however go from Barrel 2 to barrel 1 reliably. This is irrespective of load / cartridge type used or temperature.

At the moment, I always leave the trigger selector to barrel 2 (top) for this reason.

I took the gun into my local gunsmith and he could find no problem, he cleaned and re-lubed the mech - problem is still there.

I've unfortunately met a few people who own Berettas and have experienced this exact problem.

I phoned up GMK (the UK Beretta distributors) and asked them for their view on the problem....they would not comment - I plan to send it to GMK at some point to get it sorted, but that'll mean I don't have a gun for a few weeks.

If you put snap caps in my gun, it takes a hell of a slap on the butt to get the trigger to switch over from 1 to 2.

I hope you get yours sorted, let us know how you get on.

I dont like the sound of this,i was hoping that there was going to be a bur on the metal or a bit of muck on somthing,this is worse than every 30th shell though,as i said on the first stand i think the first pair was ok,second pair would not fire so had the pair again and it took a load of pulls on the trigger to fire second barrel on the remaining pairs(which was a good excuse for shooting badly :crazy: ).I'm the same as you i dont want to be without the gun for long so hopefuly it will be sorted tomorrow :D

Hi neil,I know you dont want to be without your gun for long but be carefull as i am sure that when i read my guarantee for my silver pigeon it stated that your waranty would be affected if you used an unauthorised gunsmith.Personally i would get in touch with the place you purchased it from and let them sort it,but then it might have to go back to gmk.I certainly would not pay for any repair unless the warranty had expired. As we both purchased our silver pigs about the same time you should have over 2 years warranty left so i would say take advantage of it.

Regards sean. :crazy:

OHHHHHHHH,dont worry about that,money will not be changing hands :D i know they are a beretta agent but as you say if its got to go away then so be it.Its not doing my shooting any favors at the moment as its allways in the back of your mind.Its funny,when it happened i thought you and Cranfield would be pleased :D  :crazy:

Had this problem with my AYA, The previous owner had cleaned the locks, and re oiled with 3in1.

I found that the part that was coverd by a hatch in front of the triger guard, needed to be greased, the oil was just too light. The problem has not returned.

I now have the problem with my new 20g sxs. a file should fix that one... sigh...

I took it back this afternoon,the gunsmith tried it and apparently the inertia block is working but the trigger is not resetting to allow the second barrel to be fired,he said he will strip it and sort the problem in the next few days and i will definatly have it back by the weekend :crazy:

Glad to hear you've a possible solution.

Pls let us know if the Gunsmith fixes the issue 100% as i need to get my Beretta 682 Gold E sorted and I'd be very interested to know what the cure is (can you ask him what he adjusted/replaced to cure the problem, when you pick the gun up from him?).

Thanks,

Phoned first thing,all sorted,therewas apparently some muck in the action.Does anyone remember me posting about the gun shaving little slivers off the heads of cartridges when it weas being closed?these ended up in the bottom firing pin hole so i think that this was the problem.