pointing/ mortar gun

myzeneye

guys... has any one ever used one of them pointing guns, you know, the ones which look like a mastic gun of steroids....

im still balls deep in paio flagging and walls etc etc at home and ready to start around 500 miles of pointing flags and copings etc etc..

ive tried using my pointing/guaging trowl but im getting alot of staining from the over spill....and its really time consuming trying to clean up the face of the flag as i go...

so ive seen the guns before but never seen anyone using one? are they any good? i know ill have to refill it regulary and i presume i just use mortar with a load of feb in to keep it flowing...

any hoo, let me know guys..

cheers,matty :good:

Ive got a point master one here brand new unused

Infact its the:

*NEW* Point Master Professional Pack *NEW*

WAS £35quid delivered

Yours for £20quid delivered.

They are the dogs danglys - with abit of pratice they make the job loads quicker. Use a stadard mix - Just let it go off abit before running over with the trowl. Give it a rinse out every ten fills or so and you cant go wrong.

Ive got a point master one here brand new unused

Infact its the:

*NEW* Point Master Professional Pack *NEW*

WAS £35quid delivered

Yours for £20quid delivered.

They are the dogs danglys - with abit of pratice they make the job loads quicker. Use a stadard mix - Just let it go off abit before running over with the trowl. Give it a rinse out every ten fills or so and you cant go wrong.

yes id seen them on ebay chop...

looks impressive, bet it takes some getting used to though....

where bout are you, pehaps i could meet you and collect it as i need it asap...im in runcorn...

incidentally, why didnt you use it?

Edited by myzeneye

yeah mate, the brickie in work who does a bit of flaggin to used geo fix his last 2 jobs... he said it ent off very weak and crumbly...manager of trvis perkins came out to look at it, game hime a new load of geo fix and 150 quid to comp for the labour of removing the gash stuff..

ill give it a miss i reckon....,its expensive stuff too...